Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Redbird2012
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not receive push notifications anymore. When I first purchased Arlo I did receive push notifications but after I did the first App Update I did not. Restarted my phone and still not receiving. Did the 2nd update & still nothing. I do get email notifications and it does record movement. I have the basic starter set up with one camera, wanted to see how it worked before adding more cameras and spending money on something that might not meet my needs. Anyone have any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 places to check:

1) Check your modes/rules to ensure that push notifications are enabled.  Go to the Mode tab, click on your base station and edit any modes you use.  The notifications are set in each rule.

2) Check your phone settings for the app and ensure notifications are enabled.

Wallacelwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the exact same problem ..geofence  has stopped activating cameras ..if I arm there is no recording or notifications..even tho the mode shoes armed...cameras will transmit vidio if activated for live view ..done and checked everything ...we're working perfectly for months 

Redbird2012
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should have mentioned I tried all that & still does the same thing. What good does it do me to own this product if you can't get a push notification, would like to know when I'm getting robbed! Seems simple enough....guess its to complicated for Arlo to work out the details before advertising what it can do. Things I love about this product, small, easy to mount, can be moved easily, good image quality, good sensitivity adjustment, able to adjust length of video clip, good battery life. Just the other day I removed it from its magnetic mount and put it on the bumper of my jeep to see what was taking their morning/evening constitutional in my driveway.....It was Mr. Iguana. 

Actually I just did the latest update and now the thing doesn't work. I armed it and made sure the push and email notifications were turned on, then walked by it to see if I get an alert, didn't get a email or push notification. This is becoming a serious waste of my time.

Redbird2012
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also should mention that I just went into the Arlo app and when you click the Library Tab there is a little Antenna at the top right that looks like a empty champagne glass, tap that symbol and make a selection on what camera you want & then check motion, now the symbol turns green. I went in front of the camera and received a push notification & email. However when you disarm & sign out it does not hold your selection for the camera under Library Tab, it does in Mode Tab ONLY.

In short everytime you arm your system you have to go to Library Tab and tap antenna symbol, check box to monitor motion in order to get push & email notifications. Done this a few times & each time I get the same results. I don't like that it just doesn't save it but it is what it is. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's not an issue anyone else is having, perhaps the issue is your device/installation.  Reinstall the app and try a browser.  What happens?

The "champagne glass" is the filter for the library.  Typically it should be empty, not green.  Green means that a filter has been applied to view only one specific camera.

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem...no push notifications. I have rebooted the base station; and I've deleted and redone my modes and rules for each and yes, I have saved each time. Still no push notifications. This happened after I did the last update on my Android a few weeks ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the phone settings, apps, Arlo and verify that the notifications are still enabled.

Edit: one more thought - make sure you're just backgrounding the app and not logging out. 

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything is like it should be and always has been. Push is enabled for everything when motion is detected. I don't log out, it just runs. If i do log out, user name and password aren't even filled in and it automatically logs me in anyway.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd make a new mode and rules to see what happens. Let us know.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation