Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Busy Motion Area

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera setup to cover all the area of my livingroom but I get 300 clips of this area a day...  What are some best ways to cover a busy motion area without so many clips of movement and without turning motion off? I still want to cover the area with motion but not run down the battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd think continuous monitoring would be a better choice, leaving Arlo out of the realm of use.  If Arlo is necessary, you could get someone to maybe modify the camera(s) for a power supply (there are some threads about doing this).

Arlo is better for occasional use rather than continuous monitoring.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can not use the PIR (motion) sensor to zone off some areas and not others.

In all honesty, if you need 300 video clips per day, the system isn't really designed to do that continuously.  Maybe you could cut down on that time of the motion detect via the schedule. 

End result, the way your using the sytem, you may want to look into rechargeable batteries ( cause your going to drain them quickly ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

How would one monitor an area that is busy and still record...  an example might be to record a cashier working on a cash register and still be able to have this information recorded for play back as a recorded clip as proof of cashier pocketing monies?  Thank You for your input!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd think continuous monitoring would be a better choice, leaving Arlo out of the realm of use.  If Arlo is necessary, you could get someone to maybe modify the camera(s) for a power supply (there are some threads about doing this).

Arlo is better for occasional use rather than continuous monitoring.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation