Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I've noticed that since the resent update that the battery indicator between the Web UI (and now Android) is different to the iOS version. The web looks fairly similar with three sections to the icon to indicate the battery levels but the iOS now looks like the usual Apple type icon, ie solid rather than the 3 segments. The important point though is not only looking different but they indicate different battery levels, ie Web/Android still show all my cameras at 100% but the iOS show less than 100%, ie some I would say are 50%, others 75%.

Has anyone else noticed this difference and which is right?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Recent updates now show battery levels the same across the platforms for me 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.  The new version in the app seems like it's harder to tell exactly how much of a charge is left.  It would be helpful if they actually showed the percentage remaining beside the battery icon. A larger icon would also help.  I think all my cameras are still indicting a full charge, so I can't speak as to whether the web app is showing different readings than the mobile app.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I work for NETGEAR. Thank you for your suggestion that we make the battery icon larger and include the percentage. I've forwarded your thoughts to our engineering team.

if you have any other ideas, please feel free to contribute them by clicking on the button labeled "Submit an Idea."

Thanks for buying Arlo, for suggesting improvements to our products, and for being an active participant in the Arlo community!

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

A % battery level would also help read the indicators. Any thoughts on the difference levels being reported across the platforms?

rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just put new batteries in 2 cameras. When I checked the web, the Android app, the iPad app I'm seeing a different charge level on each one. All batteries checked at 3.28 before installing. The Android app is closest to being correct.
rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Forgot to add: a percentage indicator with or without the bars would help
Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I work for NETGEAR.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the percentages and have passed that feedback on to our engineering team.

We did not see differences in the battery reporting in our testing. Would you be willing to provide screen shots of your Android and iOS devices so we could investigate this further? 

Thank you for your feedback and involvement with the Arlo community!

rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nifer, I sent screen captures in a pm to you.
Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you! My guess is that there are subtle differences in how the two OSes display the content that our app provides, but I've forwarded the screen shots to our engineering manager to see what he thinks. Thanks for providing this and for helping us improve the quality of Arlo.

Nine29
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue.  The iOS app shows a different battery level (typically lower) for all cameras, while the web UI shows a higher level.  This started after the latest updates.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nine29,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This issue is already under investigation. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your continued contribution to the community!

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Recent updates now show battery levels the same across the platforms for me 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation