Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifictions for Freind will Out of Town

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Losingit7777
Follower
Follower

Hi!  We will be traveling later this summer and my brother in law will need to recieve the notifications and alerts on his cell phone while we are away.  I have set him up as a user and shared access.  Where do I set up the part that sends it to his cell or will he just get email alerts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Losingit7777 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Losingit7777 wrote:

Hi!  We will be traveling later this summer and my brother in law will need to recieve the notifications and alerts on his cell phone while we are away.  I have set him up as a user and shared access.  Where do I set up the part that sends it to his cell or will he just get email alerts?

There are two types of notifications:

1. Push Notifications and
  2. Email Notifications.

Both get configured inside a rule. The last section in a rule is called Alerts. Here you configure if you want to receive a Push Notification and/or an Email Notification, and to whom the latter is to be sent. This is where you might want to add your brother's email.

Note that Push Notifications are the ones that cause an alert in the app. They occur as soon as motion is detected. Email Notifications, on the other hand, get sent after the recording of the associated video clip has completed.

Anyone logged into the app and with appropriate access rights granted will receive a Push Notification for a motion event, if the rule for the motion event has been configured accordingly. If at the time of a motion event the user is in a location with spotty Internet coverage, the Push Notification might be missed though, so it is a good idea to have an Email Notification set up as a backup.

Note that you will also continue to receive notifications while you're away, as long as you have an Internet connection.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Losingit7777 wrote:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Losingit7777 🙂

As a PS to the prev messg...

You may want to add your BIL as an email address but use his phone number so the email comes to him as an SMS (text)

as with verizon, the format is phone#@vtext.com but other providers use diff formats.

I find the email to sms come thru all the time as opposed to pushes if the app is closed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation