Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
akang009
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like many of us, this question is addressing the problem of the Arlo Pro detecting motion, however there is no video recorded in the library. NETGEAR claims that the problem has been discovered and is being worked on, however I've read through all of the release notes and they've made no mention of updating the Pro Camera Firmware. 

Release Notes – Base Station FW 1.8.1.1_10234, Wire-free Camera FW 1.2.9901 28th November 2016

The above mentioned update is when the Arlo Pro Camera/Base station starts being mentioned in release notes. From 28 November'16 until today (16 February'17) there has been 7 release notes updates, none of which have any update on the Arlo Pro firmware; at least none that has been disclosed.

Is NETGEAR really working on this problem, as they've claimed in so many threads? Does anyone else, to this day, still encounter the problem mentioned above? Or has the problem not been completely resolved yet, hence, why it does not show up in the release notes?

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, or a response from a NETGEAR representative. 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Its not necessarily a firmware or app issue (or maybe it is). There's also the whole server side of things which can't be addressed by firmware. We have no ide a where the problem is so all we can do is guess. I vote for server side.
akang009
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the quick reply. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

akang009,

I have not been able to reproduce any issues with motion detection triggers and recordings being produced. If you live stream and manually record, is a recording produced in the library?

JamesC

soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, found this thread on Google. I'm having the same problem where the mrs triggered the camera, got notification but no video. We had 20 over videos this morning but it just stopped.

I also manually took photo and record video. Nothing in Library. Last video was few hours ago.

Something's broken. Just got the arlos 2 days ago.
Bluegrass
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a new user (this week) and suddenly have the same problem today.  Get notifications of motion (valid), but no recordings.  And now when I try to manually take a still shot or video, the app acts like it's working, but nothing is available in the library.  It all worked fine until today.  What's up with that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First step is to ensure no filter is set in the library.  The funnel at the top is the filter and should be empty, not filled in green.

If that's not the issue, use both the app and a browser to see if there's a difference.

If both show the same thing, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Confirming that filters are not set and videos and no difference between app and browser.

One of my test last night at 7.44pm arrived at 12.16am - email and video. Looks like backend cloud issue. However the manual recordings did not arrive.

I've also contacted support which gave a reply to perform below. Will see how we go today.

To better isolate the case, please try the following:
A. Please power cycle the base station by unplugging it for 60 seconds and plug it back. Then trigger the camera and check if there will be recordings this time.
B. Remove the batteries for 2 minutes and insert it again.
C. If it is still the same, remove the cameras from the Arlo account and re-sync.
Please follow the steps below to remove the camera.
1. Access your Arlo account.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Click on the camera's serial number having issue
4. Scroll down and click on Remove device.
After that, move the cameras closer to the base station and sync it.
soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Didn't get a chance to do all above this morning, but as I left for work the arlos picked up the motion and recording came immediately on both cameras.

Most probably is backend issue - which has now been fixed. Looks like a 6 hour outage.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation