Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app - can't adjust recording settings

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
draku007
Star
Star

I have the Arlo pro with 4 cameras. All 4 were added to the base but only 2 enabled. 

Today I enabled a 3rd one, set everything up... ready to go. An hour later I was in a store and got motion detection alert. I go to my email and it says that there is no video because I had "do nothing" selected when motion detected. I go to my armed mode settings and all my cameras were rest to "do nothing". I updated them all but now I can't adjust the length of the recording. The slider is set to 10 sec and it's disabled. I can't move it. On top of that another motion video was recorded and the length was 15 sec. I had all cameras set to 30 sec before and now they are set to 10. Where the 15 came from?

I restarted the base but that didn't help and tried to restart the cameras on and off.  

8 REPLIES 8
draku007
Star
Star

Went back to check if anything has changed and now all cameras are missing "do nothing" option and "Record video" is not selected. 

Changed to armed  Ed mode and got in front of a camera to see what happens. 15 sec video was recorded. 

serghe
Guide
Guide
Same here. Worked perfectly for the last 2 weeks and today in all my modes "record video" was deselected.
From app can't even put the check mark back on, only from browser.
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

Same here (iOS app).  It's difficult enough to try to find where the camera settings are in the iOS app, but once in the settings area, there seems to be a bug where all the setting options are either incorrect or incomplete.

What I ended up doing is fixing each camera setting in the Web browser settings, until a fix is put out.

serghe
Guide
Guide

I noticed that if you change the mode from the app that's when everything is going south. I would recommand only changing modes from the web browser for now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not having problems using the app to change modes but then I'm not everyone else.

serghe
Guide
Guide

This is what appears if I go to any mode on my phone (and I think there are some options missing also). Record video appears as off but it's not. Everything is working fine if I don't mess with it from the app.

IMG_1791.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for further investigation. Thank you all for the feedback.

JamesC

Prema
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has the above issue been resolved? Having the same problems with 2 of my arlo cameras, the other one is working fine with adjusting video length. Pls advise how may I address the issue.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation