Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
nickmobbs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Today i have realised that since the update every time the camera's are triggered and i log in using the android app, the camera mode is changed to 'disarmed'.

So i have to change the mode every time.

I do not know if it is the camera's being triggered or the act of logging in to the android app that is changing the mode, i will continue to monitor and provide feedback if i am able to confirm.

If anybody else can test this i would be grateful!

Thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: A fix for this issue was deployed over the weekend resolving this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any related issues.

Thank you,
JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
nickmobbs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, i have done a little more testing.

It seems the motion detection indicators are randomly turned off, as if motion detection is disabled, however it is not.

For example - With mode set to schedule.

I recieved a notification that the cameras had been triggered....i logged into the website, everything was good, i could see the postman had delivered some mail.

I then looked at the android app, the motion detection icons were off.... I didnt change anything but recieved further tigger notifications when another person approached the house....

I think there is a bug in the handling of the mode/motion detection icon following a trigger event when logging in with the android app.

I hope this can be fixed quickly.

Kind Regards

Nick

nickmobbs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just had the mode change from a custom mode to disarmed for no apparant reason....

Camera's were triggered (so they were armed!)... i logged in using firefox browser and mode was changed to disarmed.....

I have to say this is making the system really very unreliable, randomly changing mode to disarmed is appalling.

I might as well leave it switched off until a new version is released!

Netgear - please reply and advise what you are doing???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm noticing some weirdness, too, such as the running men showing amber/yellow even when no motion is detected in a browser but not in the app.  

As for the mode changes, when you select the Mode tab, the display no longer tells you that it's using the schedule but what mode is selected in the schedule.  You have to select your system to see that the schedule is actually selected.  

That said, I've had some issues getting the schedule to stick on a base station with a single camera attached where I enabled the geofence.  Turning geofence off and selecting the schedule has had me finding Disarmed actually selected.  I've then selected schedule again and after a few tries it seems to have stuck.  I don't know if this is something to do with the app or browser since I've used both.

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am also having this problem. The base station suddenly becomes disarmed. I changed it back to arm 3 times already this morning. This is so frustrating....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app or a browser? Try the other to see if it works better. I can't prove it but I thought using the browser seemed to fix it.

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am using both app and browser. It will automatically change to Disarmed and will show in both app an browser. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this issue to engineering for further investigation. I will post an update as soon as I hear back.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: Engineering has identified the cause of this issue and are working toward implementing a fix as soon as possible.

JamesC

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Fyi...I'm having the same issue. Since update of Android app my camera modes are randomly switching from armed to disarmed.
nickmobbs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the update, can you provide an idea of timescale please?

In my opinion this update should be the highest priorty for Netgear right now due to the amount of people effected by this.

RabbitPower
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Agree with Nick - this should be the HIGHEST Priority for Arlo. Maybe there's a workaround until this is fixed? If I find one, will post.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: A fix for this issue was deployed over the weekend resolving this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any related issues.

Thank you,
JamesC

nickmobbs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James,

Yes i noticed the improvement yesterday, modes no longer seem to change when the camera is triggered.

Thank you for sorting that one out quickly!

I am however struggling to get geolocation to work reliably as i think the android apps on both my phone and my wifes go into a kind of 'stand by' mode when not used for a while.

If you could find a way to prevent the app from going to sleep and not reporting its location until you open the app, it would be much better.

Sorry, but I started a new topic called 'Geofencing - further feedback' within the community feedback forum, in order to provide feedback as requested.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Nick

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC

Did you FIX the ANDROID application/software ? I want to know if ALL bugs are fixed before installing it again on my tablets ...For now, I only use Chrome on PC but I still have CVR problems ...and I don't want to add other problems...

Cassidy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your CVR issues?  Maybe start a new thread in the Q Troubleshooting forum to prevent clutter here unless it's app-only.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation