Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
AmandaJ
Star
Star

Problem 1

I've seen a few earlier posts with this problem but nothing recently.

I notice there has been a change to the software this year and my problems have only been since then.

When I have recordings in the library, the number of recordings on the camera view are correct.  However, when I delete all the recordings:

1- the date reverts to the begining of the month

2- the camera view shows 00's of recordings which are not in the library.

Problem 2

When I noticed the software had been changed I had a look at the new scheduling system (much easier) and tidied up my scheduling.

For the first few weeks I actually had the system off as I was on holiday.  When I went back to work I noticed there was no movement at home.  Which can't really happen since I have 3 dogs who have access full access.  I have the cameras to keep an eye on them (bad neighbours).  Since there was no recordings after I tidied up the scheduler I deleted the scheduling and put everything on all motion on.  Recording was fine.  I then went back and re-scheduled everything.  No movement again.

I know my dogs can be lazy but I know they are moving around as I can see the movement from one "check in" to the next.

Problem 3

This may be associated with 2 - When the date on the library reverts back to the begining of the month after all recordings are deleted - I can't select the current date.

For now I have all cameras armed at all times and keep 1 photo in the library.  My batteries have also drained significantly this week.

Any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmandaJ
Star
Star

I'm going to "eat humble pie" ... Over the past few days I have spent a lot of time going over the new scheduling, modes and settings systems.  I was at fault for the setup problems.  The only remaining issues are related to having no recordings in the library (number of recordings showing on a camera and the default back to the month start date).

If you had modes and settings prior to the software upgrade:

1) delete all your original modes and settings so only the default ones exist

2) create new modes and settings

3) test your modes and settings and tweak as necessary - including sensitivity and "what to do"

Tweaking modes and settings will drain battery as you will need to monitor and compare - buy generic batteries from Ebay - much cheaper.

Once you have those the way you want them - battery life is up to your settings.

Note for Netgear - It might help if you asked "if this camera detects motion, what asset do you require a response from?" then "what response would you like"

This is actually why I reported that I could only set up 2 cameras. Clearly they are looking either forward, sideways or in someway to expansion- but the setup instructions are not clear. Hence - when I thought I was setting up a single camera I was actually being asked to set up the detection on one but had a multiple choice of asset for the response.

Netgear - I apologise.  I have also had discussions with my management team today and we are now looking (seriously) at using the system on our demolition sites.

We are never to old to learn - or admit our errors.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AmandaJ
Star
Star

Oops - problem 3 should read as associated with problem 1

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

When the date on the library reverts back to the begining of the month after all recordings are deleted - I can't select the current date.

Yes, I've noticed this as well.

Before the update, the date always defaulted to the current date.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AmandaJ wrote:

Problem 1

I've seen a few earlier posts with this problem but nothing recently.

I notice there has been a change to the software this year and my problems have only been since then.

When I have recordings in the library, the number of recordings on the camera view are correct.  However, when I delete all the recordings:

1- the date reverts to the begining of the month

2- the camera view shows 00's of recordings which are not in the library.

Problem 2

When I noticed the software had been changed I had a look at the new scheduling system (much easier) and tidied up my scheduling.

For the first few weeks I actually had the system off as I was on holiday.  When I went back to work I noticed there was no movement at home.  Which can't really happen since I have 3 dogs who have access full access.  I have the cameras to keep an eye on them (bad neighbours).  Since there was no recordings after I tidied up the scheduler I deleted the scheduling and put everything on all motion on.  Recording was fine.  I then went back and re-scheduled everything.  No movement again.

I know my dogs can be lazy but I know they are moving around as I can see the movement from one "check in" to the next.

Problem 3

This may be associated with 2 - When the date on the library reverts back to the begining of the month after all recordings are deleted - I can't select the current date.

For now I have all cameras armed at all times and keep 1 photo in the library.  My batteries have also drained significantly this week.

The date in the library will revert if there are no videos to show.  You also can't select a date for which there are no videos.

As for the schedule, there have been numerous reports of modes carried over from the previous firmware having issues.  My suggestion would be to create new modes using the same settings as the old ones and put those in the schedule.  Why this happens and needs to be hit with a hammer, I don't know.

Battery drain is generally a function of recording and live view.  If you've been live viewing to compensate for the lack of videos, that could be the explanation.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

The date in the library will revert if there are no videos to show.  You also can't select a date for which there are no videos.

I understand that, but, the date should show the current date and not default back to the first day of the month.

AmandaJ
Star
Star

I tried that but it will only allow me to set modes for 2 cameras in each new mode not all 3.  I found that problem lastnight when I deleted the modes that did carry over and then tried to create new ones.  I emailed support with it only to receive an email which tells me where I go to create modes (duh...I didn't realise my email so poorly worded that they couldn't tell I already knew where to do that)

I'm pretty ticked off about the software issues.  My employer has been looking at the system to use on some of our demolition sites.  I'm going to be recommending they don't until these problems are fixed.  And if they don't fix it soon I'll be contacting our ACCC about it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had issues creating modes with multiple cameras in them using the Android app and have an open ticket on it.  The web interface works fine - have you tried both?

AmandaJ
Star
Star

I'm going to "eat humble pie" ... Over the past few days I have spent a lot of time going over the new scheduling, modes and settings systems.  I was at fault for the setup problems.  The only remaining issues are related to having no recordings in the library (number of recordings showing on a camera and the default back to the month start date).

If you had modes and settings prior to the software upgrade:

1) delete all your original modes and settings so only the default ones exist

2) create new modes and settings

3) test your modes and settings and tweak as necessary - including sensitivity and "what to do"

Tweaking modes and settings will drain battery as you will need to monitor and compare - buy generic batteries from Ebay - much cheaper.

Once you have those the way you want them - battery life is up to your settings.

Note for Netgear - It might help if you asked "if this camera detects motion, what asset do you require a response from?" then "what response would you like"

This is actually why I reported that I could only set up 2 cameras. Clearly they are looking either forward, sideways or in someway to expansion- but the setup instructions are not clear. Hence - when I thought I was setting up a single camera I was actually being asked to set up the detection on one but had a multiple choice of asset for the response.

Netgear - I apologise.  I have also had discussions with my management team today and we are now looking (seriously) at using the system on our demolition sites.

We are never to old to learn - or admit our errors.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation