Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloCustomer2
Tutor
Tutor

I could not download videos using Bluestacks4. I initiated a chat with Arlo support. The person asked for remote control, which I allowed. He installed Supremo remote control software, and rummaged throug my computer. Presented what looked like log entries, with IP addresses, and told me these were slowing my Internet down, that these needed to be deleted. I saved the log file to a text file, and he promptly deleted it. I pointed out my various defenses in use. He said too many processes were slowing doen my router, and "handed me over to another technician", after securing a $200 credit fro me.  This "tech" was another company, 'A to Z Web Services", who apparently still had access to my computer; they seemed to run standard programs to empty caches, etc. I think I was ripped off. Windows 7 PC, Arlo Pro2, VMB4000.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ArloCustomer2,

Please be sure to contact our support team here: Arlo Support.

You can read more here on how to avoid Arlo support scams: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloCustomer2 wrote:

I could not download videos using Bluestacks4. I initiated a chat with Arlo support. The person asked for remote control, which I allowed. He installed Supremo remote control software, and rummaged throug my computer. Presented what looked like log entries, with IP addresses, and told me these were slowing my Internet down, that these needed to be deleted. I saved the log file to a text file, and he promptly deleted it. I pointed out my various defenses in use. He said too many processes were slowing doen my router, and "handed me over to another technician", after securing a $200 credit fro me.  This "tech" was another company, 'A to Z Web Services", who apparently still had access to my computer; they seemed to run standard programs to empty caches, etc. I think I was ripped off. Windows 7 PC, Arlo Pro2, VMB4000.

You were ripped off.... put a stop on that charge if able

Arlo doesn't charge

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloCustomer2
Tutor
Tutor

I could not download videos using Bluestacks4. I initiated a chat with Arlo support. The person asked for remote control, which I allowed. He installed Supremo remote control software, and rummaged throug my computer. Presented what looked like log entries, with IP addresses, and told me these were slowing my Internet down, that these needed to be deleted. I saved the log file to a text file, and he promptly deleted it. I pointed out my various defenses in use. He said too many processes were slowing doen my router, and "handed me over to another technician", after securing a $200 credit fro me.  This "tech" was another company, 'A to Z Web Services", who apparently still had access to my computer; they seemed to run standard programs to empty caches, etc. I think I was ripped off. Windows 7 PC, Arlo Pro2, VMB4000. My bank has iniated a dispute with A-Z.