Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Did I get scammed to sign a 1300.00 Lifetime Service Agreement!?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JVolovar
Tutor
Tutor

Am I the only one that was scammed by arlo to sign a 1300.00 Lifetime Service Agreement and then lose any way to talk to a person?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JVolovar,

Arlo does not provide the service agreement you mention here. For Arlo support inquiries, please use the contacts found here: Arlo Support Center

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like it. Talk to your credit card company and the police. Use only the Contact Support link at the bottom here for any support issues.

JVolovar
Tutor
Tutor

With our Arlo package came a small tri-fold regarding Arlo and the telephone number to call for support.  I needed support so called the number IN THE ARLO TRI-FOLD.  I was told that Netgear had sold the support of Arlo to BIT International, LLC.  During discussion regarding the requred support, the representative told me that they offered a Lifetime Service Agreement for all electronics you own.  I had them email me the Agreement.  I called back to the same number and spoke to Michael.  I signed the agreement and scanned them a copy.  Later when I called back for support they replied the same way you did to my post.  Do you work for BIT International?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like you're in Europe someplace. No idea how that works now. No, I'm a user like you (retired IT).

@JamesC ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JVolovar,

Arlo does not provide the service agreement you mention here. For Arlo support inquiries, please use the contacts found here: Arlo Support Center

JamesC