Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Thatsprime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering what benefits do I get by buying more than 1 base station, over just adding more cameras to my exsisting base station.  

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can increase the range of your camera system if your covering a large area.  Each base will set up a wifi network, since each base has a range of approximately 300ft you can cover more than that by separating the bases and linking cameras to the nearest base.

Also limit is 4 streaming cameras at one time, so 2 bases max of 8 streaming ( if 4 are from each base base ) ... Cameras can only be sync'ed to one base at a time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Thatsprime wrote:

I was wondering what benefits do I get by buying more than 1 base station, over just adding more cameras to my exsisting base station.  

It depends on your "subscription:" 

If your subscription/plan is BASIC-FREE, you can utilize 1 base station that supports up to 5 cameras;
If your subscription/plan is PREMIER-$99/yr., you can utilize 1* base station that supports up to 10 cameras;
If your subscription/plan is ELITE-$149/yr., you can utilize 3 base stations that supports up to 15 cameras.

If you want to use between 6-10 total cameras and NOT pay the $99 fee, you could purchase a second system (including a base station), and (if necessary) open a second account with a new name and email address.  You mentioning "buying more than 1 base station."  I have not seen a base station for sale as a stand-alone item yet, but in time I'm sure others users might have spare ones to sell.  Capiche paisan?

*unless this number is a typo - seel chart linked below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-...

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thatsprime wrote:

In addition to what others have said, if you think of base stations as locations, having additional base stations would allow you to monitor a second home, a workplace, etc. You could do this all from the same account with Elite service.

And yes, at this time base stations are not sold separately-- only in bundles with cameras.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation