Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR Illuminators with Arlo Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jeff
Star
Star

Would like to know if I can use an IR Illuminator with the Arlo for hard to see areas where the the night vision doesn't work well such as outdoor where indirect lamp post light maybe possibly interfering with night vision visibility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have tested the IR flood light that was sold as an option/with the Vuezone night camera.... It runs at 850nm ( slightly visible red glow from leds ) and works great with the Arlo cam as additional lighting if needed.  It does require a ac outlet tho.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When in IR mode, my cameras have no trouble seeing the IR LEDs on our Wiimote sensor bar (they're 950nm LEDs), so an IR spotlight should work fine.

jeff
Star
Star

Hokeysmoke... Thanks! Great to know. After doing some research, not sure if I can use one since I don't have a power source near by for these IR Illuminators. I'm exploring various solutions. Thanks again. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have tested the IR flood light that was sold as an option/with the Vuezone night camera.... It runs at 850nm ( slightly visible red glow from leds ) and works great with the Arlo cam as additional lighting if needed.  It does require a ac outlet tho.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Old thread resurrected.

Anyone know what wavelength the camera is tuned for? 850 or 950 nm is a bit of a spread and I'd like to get max range with the proper wavelength.

Edit: never mind. The specs show it as 850 nm.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can anyone let me know what discreet IR floodlights have worked with Arlo?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have used the Vue Zone IR flood light to extend the range over 50ft.... it's at 850 nm with a auto on/off day-night sensor... ac powered

like this; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vuezone-Night-Vision-Add-on-Camera-Netgear-VZCN2060-100NAS-/401104881819?has...

but, just look a ebay/amazon for an 850 nm floodlight

like ;  http://www.amazon.com/Univivi-U06R-WideAngle-Lights-Illuminator/dp/B00M3O5ERK/ref=pd_sim_421_4?ie=UT...

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Has anyone used a 950nm IR illuminator with Arlo or Arlo Q? Do you know of a good one?
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For what it's worth, I have a trail camera that has 940 nm LEDs for a flash (completely invisible to humans) and I can confirm that the flash shows up quite brightly on my Arlo Q videos.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you!
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation