Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How best to camouflage my wireless Arlo outside and inside the house?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
davevarga
Initiate
Initiate

I just upgraded from vuezone to arlo, I love the improved visual fidelity!  For the below question, I have disabled the night vision.

But I am back to the same issue of how to camoflage the cameras so they are not noticed.  The best I have come up with is outside on a distant deck rail, I did much drilling in the back of the railing and placed my camera behind it peering out two holes, one for camera, one for motion.  That gives me a good view of the back yard.  But I note the arlo seems to require a larger hole for the camera portion, hence a larger hole, hence more potentially noticable.

Inside the entry of my house I have a camera in a cardboard box with two holes in it.  It kind of works, but it is not sufficiently camouflaged.

Does anyone have any better inside and outside camouflage ideas?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davevarga,

Take a look at the skins available for Arlo Wire-free cameras. These help camouflage your cameras in both indoor and outdoor environments: Wireless Security Accessories

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davevarga,

Take a look at the skins available for Arlo Wire-free cameras. These help camouflage your cameras in both indoor and outdoor environments: Wireless Security Accessories

JamesC

davevarga
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks... the skins would sort of help. Not much though. You put on a skin and the fact that a camera is there is still quite evident.  Plus there is the glass on the front itself which reflects light.  We may have exhausted items that Netgear sells for camouflage now that I have looked at the skins. I am looking for some creative suggestions on how to camouflage these outside and indoors, that people have come up with and use and are happy with.

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

davevarga wrote:

We may have exhausted items that Netgear sells for camouflage now that I have looked at the skins. I am looking for some creative suggestions on how to camouflage these outside and indoors, that people have come up with and use and are happy with.

There is regular krylon plastic paint ( spray can ) that I used on an outside cam to match my trim ( hides well )....

There are camo skins that can cover the cam;

http://www.camoskinz.com/products.htm

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/camo-gun-skins

there are camo cloths you can cover the camera with....

It's all up to you and how much you want to hide it. ( Tho i do think overt is usu better in stopping before it happens )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation