Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
scotthpdx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras that came as a set.  I just ordered one more and will order two more soon.

When I get my first new cam, that will bring my account up to the max of five cameras.

Then I will buy two more cams, but how do I get my account so support more than 5?   Does that start a month by month account fee once I go over five, or when I puchase two more cams, does that allow me to bump up by two for a total of seven cameras.

One of the attractive things to me of Arlo was no monthy fees, but if I have to start paying, then it is not as attractive.

Help?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you buy a second system with base station you can use a second email address to get past the free limit.

scotthpdx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not really what I am looking for.  I really want to view all of my cameras in on interface.

So if I buy a camera, does that increase my allowed count to 6, or do I start paying after that point.

Scott

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

scotthpdx,

If you wish to have more than 5 cameras on a single account you must subscribe to the Premier or Elite plans. For more information take a look at this article outlining the plans and their features: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

Alternatively, you can set up two accounts each on the free Basic Plan, with up to 5 cameras each as jguerdat suggests. With this setup it is possible to view all cameras on one account by utilizing the "Friends" feature. For more information on friends take a look at this article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

I hope this helps!

JamesC

bnelson22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James - I'm considering adding an Arlo Q, but already have a 5 camera Wire-Free system. Definitely not interested in paying a monthly fee, so I'm curious about the set-up you described here. If I set up the 6th camera on a separate email account, and granted access to my primary account, would I be able to view all 6 cameras at once through the app? Thanks so much for the tip.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bnelson22,

Yes. If you set up the Arlo Q on a second account utilizing the Basic Subscription, you could then share it with your primary account (with 5 cameras) and view all 6 using your primary account login through the app. The Arlo Q will show up as a "Shared Device" on the primary account.

JamesC

Lvm2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have six cameras and I paid for the six to show and for some reason only five of mine show up. I contacted customer service and the arlo guys on Facebook and this far, no luck. Please advise.... Why won't all six of my cameras show up and why does it show basic plan even after I paid for premier. It has been several weeks and no support or help has come from arlo. I do have a case number but it hasn't helped me at all either. Please advise.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lvm2003,

Please private message me with your case number and I will look investigate this issue further.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation