Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Buon giorno,

purtroppo da quando è stato cambiato il sito online NETGEAR, non capisco più come modificare i settaggi delle videocamere, la loro sensibilità e gli indirizzi mail ove inviare le notifiche (Alerts). Riesco a gestire tutti i paramentri delle videocamere con il menu: 

menù MODALITA - MOVIMENTO ATTIVATO SU TUTTE - MODALITA PERSONALIZZATA

MA NON CAPISCO QUANDO E COME USARE IL MENU: menù MODALITA - MOVIMENTO ATTIVATO SU TUTTE - RILEVAMENTO MOVIMENTO E SUONI ATTIVO

I due menù mi sembrano essere indipendenti, nel senso che modificandone uno non si altera il secondo. A cosa serve quindi il secondo, cioè il menù MODALITA - MOVIMENTO ATTIVATO SU TUTTE - RILEVAMENTO MOVIMENTO E SUONI ATTIVO.

Posso accedere da qui alle singole videocamere, ma le modifiche introdotto sono solo per questo menu: a cosa serve questo ?

Quale è la differenza tra i due ?

Grazie per aiuto a capire il nuovo sistema online

Cordiali saluti,
Enzo Bertola

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Translation:

unfortunately since the NETGEAR website online, I do not understand how to change the settings of the cameras, their sensitivity and email addresses has been changed where notifications (Alerts). I can handle all the parameters of the cameras with the menu:
menu MODE - MOVING ON UP ALL - MODE CUSTOM

BUT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN AND HOW TO USE THE MENU: menu MODE - MOVING ON UP ALL - MOTION DETECTION AND SOUND ASSETS

The two menu I appear to be independent, in the sense that changing one does not affect the second. What then it serves the second, ie the menu MODE - MOVING ON UP ALL - MOTION DETECTION AND SOUNDS ON.
I can access from here to the individual cameras, but the changes are introduced for this menu: what is this?
What is the difference between the two?

End of translation.

Unfortunately, I'm confused, probably because of the poor translation. Perhaps your own translation would help.

If I'm even close to being correct, I think you're talking about two different modes, a custom mode as well as the default mode named Armed in the English version. Each mode has it's own settings which are generally independent from each other. Each mode will be able to operate independently. I would not change the Armed mode so you can always use it as a template or basis for creating your own modes.

It's also possible that you're comparing a mode from before the update to a newly-created one. Sometimes the old mode that was carried over doesn't work well where a new one with the same settings does.

Does this answer your question?

enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JGuerdat,

thanks for kind reply to my request, sorry for not posting it into English, still I need to get used to ARLO's facilities.

To make it sure about right understanding, let me summarise what is not clear for me, since when ARLO's did change its web.

Let's consider whenever you enter your profile, after typing ID + password, entering the main menu: 4 options  are avilable ( I try to transate them, being my system in Italian Language):

1) Mode "activated"

2) Mode "Not activated

3) Mode "Programming"

4) Mode "tailored settings"

I can easily manage the 4th one, to set up all parameters about video and e-mails alerts, but can not undersdtand the 1st one. It seems it has the same setting possibility of 4th one, but what for? If all setting are successfully managed with 4th mode, what is the reason for the 1st one? What is its benefit to my system?

I hope I could explain in more and better details my concerns, please help to understand to avoid mistake with my ARLO System management.

Thanks and kindest regards

Enzo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I see now.  "Activated" is a default mode set up by Arlo and simply means that all cameras are enabled.  It's a mode that you can use without doing anything else for a very simple setup.  The "Not Activated" mode is the other default mode and is simply all cameras are off.  Thus, you could choose to activate the cameras when you weren't home (either manually selecting it or via the schedule) and use the other, Not Activated, when you are home.  

The fourth mode, "Tailored Settings", is either a mode that you had set up prior to the recent update or perhaps one you made after the upgrade (I suspect it's the former). That mode should have all your settings that had been previously set but you should be aware that some such modes don't work properly.  If you were using that mode previously, it may be best to create a new mode with the same settings as this one has just to be safe.  In any event, that mode could well be useable as you had previously used it, whether you chose it manually or had it scheduled.  You should check the settings in that mode if you will be using it since some new defaults are set, such as push notifications for the app being turned off by default (this is because the old method was a global setting for all cameras and is now available separately for each camera).

Does this answer your question?

enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, thanks a lot. Much better now, I got the meaning. Just another question, please: what is the advantage of "push notifications" ? I tried to set it, remove, keep with e-mail alert and without: can't understand what is it for.

Thanks for kind and further help, it seems to me you know very well ARLO system.

Kindst regards, Enzo 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The push notifications is for use with the app on a mobile device. In a sense, it's just duplication but would be more immediate than the email notifications. Folks on mobile devices may find it more convenient for being alerted, especially if email isn't always available.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation