Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

i am using no filters. All 4 camera images are identical.  They are set to a 9 hr schedule at night, outdoors.

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

MCHEV08 wrote:

i am using no filters. All 4 camera images are identical.  They are set to a 9 hr schedule at night, outdoors.

If you mean they are the same as last time used / viewed... yes, that is normal

The Live view picture has a time in the lower left when the picture was taken, If you go to live view or it has recorded motion ( from being armed ) then the picture changes.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

Thank you.  I am sorry--- i am competely confused.

I do not understand why the video shots taken during motion (ie. Library) would not reflect the activity at each unque location.

It appears that only one camera is taking pictures and that info is getting routed to all 4 cameras.

Example:  there are 6 identical videos on all 4 Libraries.  Why would not each Library be unique to each camera (device)?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, the way you explain it more , yes that should not happen...each camera should have its own view

The only thing I can say is first try and reboot the base with the power button and see if that fixes things

IF Not, then you may have to remove each camera and re-install as someting isnt normal ; SETTINGS>REMOVE DEVICE

Bring each camera back as if new and retest.

MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

Thank you Tom

MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

Aspirant -- sorry, not Tom.  You mean remove digitally, not physically.  No need to re-sync, correct?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You remove the cameras IF the reboot of the base didin't work...

SETTINGS>REMOVE DEVICE ( digitally removed from base ) for each camera

you bring them back again as new and you'll have to re-sync just like the first time

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Also, clearing the cache for the browser or app is also a possibility. Which are you using? Have you tried the other?
MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

Thank you. Using desk top only. I've re-set the base station, which is about 75' from my router & puter, and various distances from the cameras, the furtherst being about 100 ft. by the crow.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The distance of anything shouldn't be the issue as long as things work.  The issue of the same image being displayed for all cameras is weird. Did you flush the browser cache or refresh the page? That should get you current images.  How about using live view, however briefly?  That should update the image, too.  Try a different browser to see if it's different.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MCHEV08,

I think there may be some confusion here, that I hopefully can clear up...if i'm reading correctly.

The library will contain content for all cameras. There is not a separate library for each camera. In your scenario, it sounds like you have 4 cameras, content from all 4 of these cameras will appear in the same place (in the library).

It sounds to me like you may have 6 pieces of content in your library but all from the same camera (meaning the other 3 cameras simply have not produced any content). Consider testing this by triggering a camera (not the one that is already producing content) and then check your library to see if the motion you created arrives. (be sure your system is "Armed")

JamesC