Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot set up Arlo system

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bebebe
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's taken four hours on the phone and a check from the store I bought this from and I still can't set Arlo up. I have had no decent tech support but I have been forced to spend an hour on one call trying to prove purchase and set up an account before they'll even help me with set up issues! Then I'm told supervisors are off and they'll call back within 2 days.
All along I suspect it's my Disney Circle interfering with connection but will I ever find out?!?!?

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I bought a refurbished sysyem from Best But that was still registered to previous user.  Support wanted proof of purchase, which I emailed them. Was straight forward in my case. Took a few days however to establish my base station was defective but once that was established Netgear expressed me a replacement.  Been over 3 months now and my system has been up and running satisfactorily. All in all was about 2 weeks from receipt of system until running ok, but a lot of that was me initially dealing with support via email support rather than phone and going through basic trouble shooting with L1 support.

Sorry you didn't have better support or you too might have reached a different conclusion.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bebebe,

Please provide more details on what you are experiencing. Are you seeing an error message when trying to complete a New System Setup? What have you done so far?

JamesC

Bebebe
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app won't discover the base station, however the base station is emitting a signal and I can sync it with the cameras. It's on the same network as the Disney circle
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bebebe,

Consider a factory reboot of the base station. Press and hold the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and try again.

Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Bebebe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have done that, and changed cables and tried on my PC and phone. And tried with the circle synced and not synced.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bebebe,

I would like to take a closer look at the case you have open with the support team. Please provide your case number and I will review your case and offer any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC