Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just recently I noticed on the camera page it shows zero when in fact there are many videos to view in the library. This is affecting all 4 of my wireless cameras inside & out.I unplugged the base for a minute and plugged it back in with no change. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As jguerdat describes above the Arlo Team is committed to further optimizing this feature in the future. You can find the full intention of its current behavior here: Arlo media counter optimized

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Folks have reported similar things that resolve itself after some period of time.

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, I'll give it a couple days & see what happens! Thanks for the sugestion.

Orangeblood26
Tutor
Tutor

I'm receiving the same issue, going on since this latest update on 2/16 or 2/17. I receive notification of motion and after a while I go check library with nothing there. When the next motion is picked up, and I look in library, there is the previous video(s). Seems like a cloud issue? 

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, my system does the same. It shows it's recording, I go to look at the video when it's done & there is no video, but I go back much later and there it is! All the while, my camera still shows zero.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for your response! Also, I wanted to say even though my cameras are set for 30 seconds, sometimes after they detect motion, they will record only 8 seconds up to 28 seconds. Most of the time they do 30 seconds, more than half the time, is this related to the same issue? All of the issues discussed, camera slowing zero recordinds, the video not showing upright away and the length of the recording just began a week or so ago? Thanks again!

davidgriffen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many videos, but count still shows zero.

randomguru
Aspirant
Aspirant

any estimated time this problem will be resolved? i just upgraded to Premier and the minute that happened my video counts have always been zero. not only that, i'm getting negative numbers (i.e. -5, -10, etc)

yes, when i was on Basic i had the problem and it resolved itself when i logged back in or refreshed my browser.

i also restarted the base station a couple of times too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been told here and in an alert email from Arlo that the counts have been disabled to help with the fix for long lags for notifications and videos in the library. Apparently when the full fix is in place the counts will return.

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is an email sent by Netgear on 2.19.16..
Dear Arlo customers:

Arlo was experiencing unexpected issues with our cloud servers which slowed the delivery of alerts and video recording for some of our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
Because these alerts are critical to our customers, we deployed an immediate solution yesterday (2/18) to timely deliver your alerts and recordings. As several of you noticed, this has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop on this.
lindallk
Aspirant
Aspirant

is there any way to get the count out of zero.. been this way for 4 days

lindallk
Aspirant
Aspirant

how did you fix the problem

lindallk
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine still says zero. what is the solution

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is nothing u can do, its an issue with the app on netgear side of the matter.. They know of the issue and are working on it... Just have to be patient..
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
It's not an issue per se. They deliberately turned off the video clip counter because it was causing an overload on the back-end.

So, once they figure out a way how to bring the counter back without causing an overload, we'll see it again after an (app) update.
coocoobird
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am frustrated by same zero problem. Couldn't believe how many were in library to remove.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
You videos are still there and u cam still view them and delete them if u neef to or want to... Seeing the 0 doesn't bother me, being able to get videos to cloud recording and viewing them quickly is more important...👍
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry for typo's...
Batboy69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow
Batboy69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow can't they get with it this is why people buy traditional wired systems even though you can just steal the base
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

lindallk
Aspirant
Aspirant

When

lindallk
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lindallk,

I do not have a specific date for when a fix will be released. We are still working on a resolution and will post an update when one is made available.

Thank you,

JamesC