Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aaronawk
Follower
Follower
hello, i'm not sure where to go for help. i've been troubleshooting for hours and also have looked extensively online for help. our cameras are not working at all, no motion, no going live. i've reset the arlo base, removed batteries, reset wifi, removed a device and then added it back. NOTHING HAS WORKED. firmware version is 1.3.314 and there are no available updates. we bought our cameras a few years ago so I believe we have the original Arlo wireless cameras.
190 REPLIES 190
milton_mike
Guide
Guide

Day 3 Cat Mad of no motion detection video recordings in the library.

System:

Base is VMB4000r3 @ firmware 1.12.0.1_28940

6x Arlo 2 Pro cams, 12x Arlo Pro cams, 2 Doorbells, 1 Chime

All worthless without motion triggers and no motion triggered video recordings 

No motion triggers to Smart Things

Manual recordings are being saved to the library

Motion triggered recordings not saved to the library but are save to external USB disk

No motion notifications on iOS iPhone X  (app v 2.7.7)

I was unable to stream live video but that was resolved yesterday - at least that's working!

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

As we all know, this new update firmware is creating big problem for everyone. This very scary and terrible, because the update firmware is done without the user/consumer's consent and the firmware is updated at midnight without anybody knows. Everyone try to thinks about this for the long run, and if they can to do this to you and me, it is very good for aftermarketing sales. Based on your account, they will know that your warranty expires, they can send a defective firmware to your base station, and make your base station useless, you will eventually purchase another base station or entire system. If everyone agrees with me, please stand up and provide your comment about Arlo product.

ARLO-USER12121
Initiate
Initiate

"Some customers"?  Why don't you go ahead and say MOST or ALMOST ALL customers had an issue with this absolute total screw up.  Please thoroughly test your software before releasing it.

markbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app and website login continue to tell me that my base station needs a firmware update. When I click the button to do so, it says it's updating but nothing happens. I've tried several times. I also tried removing and re-adding the base station and cameras and this did not work - still giving me the same message. The internet is working fine. What do I need to do to get the base station to update so I can use the cameras again?
Dederwan
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello, what is the current version of the firmware of your devices?
markbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.12.2.0_2790 is what is listed as the firmware version for the base station.

Dederwan
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok, can you try to add new device? (it’s just for forcing update)
Normaly, the process for adding device, force the update of base station firmware.
markbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that and it did not work. It is still asking to update the firmware.

Dederwan
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think you have tried to restart the base and cameras?
markbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i have tried that, no luck.
Dederwan
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok excuse me but i can’t do more for you! Have a lot of problems too with arlo this month, i think because homekit devellopment...
mp5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same connecting issues and were able to resolve it but resetting everything. It worked fine for a day and now my motion detection does not work. I’ve already checked everything to make sure it is set up correctly and still does not work. Live camera will work.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Make sure that your system is set up for armed, and check off armed option.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

You have a bad firmware (screw up version) that we are talking almost for one week now, it create a lot of problem for everyone. By now, your fireware should be rollback by Arlo company, if not, then ask the customer service to rollback, if they can't do it, then you have to return the base statation for replacement or puchase a new unit. 

kevin_in_az
Star
Star

In the past two years, I have not gone at least a month wihtout one of the cameras going offline.  I just replaced batteries and resynced all of them and this morning, I have two down with the dreaded message:

Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.

Seriously, what the fu#k!  I have people working in my back yard and the cameras are out.  THey worked great for about a year and then you guys started pushing these assinine updates and the cameras batteries drain fast and they lose coonection.  My dad wanted to buy a bunch and put them at his vacation house but I demanded that he install the Ring ones instead.  I used to love my Arlos, now I cringe every time I log into the camera page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has new field trial firmware available. We're seeking testers for this field trial with the best candidates being those of you who experienced issues with the last firmware release before we rolled back.

If you would like to help test the newest field trial release, please send me a private message with your email address and a confirmation and I will add you to the field trial.

Thank you,

JamesC