Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
annhuizen
Tutor
Tutor

"unable to claim this device" is the msg I get at the end of trying to hook up Arlo.

I did try factory reset too (3 times).

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chuck-SC
Initiate
Initiate

Chances are that if you see this message, you have purchased a refurbised system that is still associated with another account.  Your only option is to contact support via telephone (and perhaps email) to have them manually remove that previously existing association (aka "device claim"), from which point it should be clear sailing.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
annhuizen
Tutor
Tutor

Figured it out !!!   YEAH !!

Chuck-SC
Initiate
Initiate

Can you share your solution please - much appreciated!

Chuck-SC
Initiate
Initiate

Chances are that if you see this message, you have purchased a refurbised system that is still associated with another account.  Your only option is to contact support via telephone (and perhaps email) to have them manually remove that previously existing association (aka "device claim"), from which point it should be clear sailing.

annhuizen
Tutor
Tutor
This is correct. I quick contacted friend to delete his net gear acct/login and had no problem finishing set up
Awilliamspbj
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was trying to figure out how you deleted the account, do you know how
Hashemelashqar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tatay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to claim this device what does this mean I been trying to set up my device but I keep on getting this does anyone know what to do?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tatay,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC