Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

two-step authentication verify page does not send an email with code

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

The two-step authentication verify page does not send an email with code. I do not receive an email. Checked spam filter no email. I was able to change my password so my email is working correctly. I do not have a smart phone so I cannot verify that way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant
8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmercer66 wrote:

The two-step authentication verify page does not send an email with code. I do not receive an email. Checked spam filter no email. I was able to change my password so my email is working correctly. I do not have a smart phone so I cannot verify that way.

Who is providing your email service? (gmail, outlook, aol, ... )

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Comcast is email provider.  Trying to get code for PC.

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to add I use Outlook at access Comcast email.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmercer66 wrote:

I forgot to add I use Outlook at access Comcast email.

I have confirmed that verification messages are getting through with gmail.  The Arlo email is identified as coming from "do_not_reply@arlo.com via amazonses.com" If comcast lets you whitelist emails, you could try whitelisting both arlo.com and amazonses.com. 

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added email addresses to Outlook whitelist.  I also screen my emails with MailWasher and add email addresses to that whitelist.  No change, no email or code. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmercer66 wrote:

Added email addresses to Outlook whitelist.  I also screen my emails with MailWasher and add email addresses to that whitelist.  No change, no email or code. 

You might need to contact comcast, and see if they are blocking amazonses.com.

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant
jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nice hit, found it. I also found a bunch of good stuff comcast was blocking.    --   https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience