Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

turning cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Superman2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

anybody try mouting their cameras on there side?  turned left or right 90 degrees?  i know the image would be sideways,  but since the arlo cameras are garbage at detecting objects coming straight at it.  i thought this would be a good work around.  i also get get detection when the object comes from the bottom of the image.  So if you rotate it 90 degrees left or right.  that would rotate the motion detectors "field of view" 90 degrees as well.  So the great side to side field of view detection would now be great coming and going detection.  would be great for long narrow views need.  hallway,  drivway,  front door with much better facial recognition, etc.  Now im sure the side to side motion would suffer,  since rotating the camera put its weak points there.  also the image would be turned,  but can easily turn my phone for that since it doesnt auto rotate recordings anyways?  Only reall concern would be the weatherproofing of the cameras,  as the battery door would be a bit more exposed to the elements.  any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Folks have mounted sideways before with no issues other than rotation of the video.  Others have inverted completely with no issues on weather sealing of the battery door.

eloy1952
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't get my arlo caneras goin what I'm doing wrong.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't given us any details to even be able to guess.

DisplacedHogFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

A great feature to add is the option to configure cameras to rotate 90 degrees in addition to the 180 degree option.  It would add product flexibility and be helpful / save batter life when the desired areas to monitor is a long strip instead of wide.