Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to get US account support?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo seems to think I’m in Germany and wants to send me to EU support. I’m in the US! 
how do I talk to someone to fix this. I’ve looked all over and see no where in my account that indicates region or country… except when trying to buy the subscription and it auto fills Germany as the country and won’t let me change it. 
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You likely will need to remove all devices from your account and start fresh to fix this. Any chance you were in Germany or using a VPN to a German server when you first set up things? If so, you likely will also need a new account so everything is seen as being set up in the US. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I was stationed in Germany ages ago. But I purchased and set up these cameras in the US. I can’t just reset everything, I’m on a long vacation and 2 of the 5 cameras free trial just expired. Hence trying to buy the plan. 
There must be a phone number somewhere to call. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not without a subscription. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Katie26,

If you created the account outside the US or you were using a VPN at the time the account was created, this can result in the country code associated to the account being incorrect.

You will need to create a new account while in the US (and not using a VPN) to receive the correct country code on the new account.

JamesC