Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Max_82
Star
Star
Hey, I thought Arlos were secure but I got that message. I was not signed or logged in from another device nor do other users have permission.

I'm concerned because I am not getting many motion detection alerts even when I know for A fact my pet is moving within range. Fresh batteries.

Also, why aren't register Arlo owners being automatically sent emails about security updates? Just read that Arlo Wirefree base units need to be updated to avoid a very bad hacking vulnerability and in order to do this you have to have to do a hard core default reset!!!

Anything I should know about the app being vulnerable????

This is concerning!!!!
45 REPLIES 45
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Max_82,

Only one device can be logged in to your account at a time. Do you use both the mobile app and web client to log in? Or possibly two different mobile devices? Logging in on a second device will cause this message to be displayed on the first device.

We regularly monitor our products for security issues and we provide detailed information at www.netgear.com/about/security. In addition, if you have any security concerns, you can reach us at security@netgear.com.

JamesC

CimGator
Initiate
Initiate
My wife and I have also received this message on our two separate accounts. Neither one of us access each other's accounts, nor do either one of us access the Arlo cameras from a computer or other device. And no one else has been given access or logins to our accounts. She only accesses her account from her phone and I only access my account from my phone. Yet we have both received the "logged out because logged in on other device" message multiple times. I expect Arlo to look into this as an actual issue within the app itself instead of just responding with a canned "this is what that message means" response.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CimGator,

How often do you notice this behavior? Is there any consistency surrounding when it occurs (does it happen only when both of you log in to your seperate accounts, do you only notice it when connected to 4g/WiFi etc.)?

Which app are you using? (iOS/Android)

JamesC

CimGator
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for the quick response. We're both using the iOS app. We've only been using the cameras and the app for about a week but it's already happened twice to each of us. It has not happened when/because we were both accessing our accounts, they all happened independently. We have been on our wifi each time it's occurred, but our wifi signal is strong throughout our house and it doesn't cut out or anything.
NickyB
Initiate
Initiate

I also have this issue.  I am the only user and I can say with 100% certainty that I am NOT logged in from another device when this happens. Is there a way to track what IP address the other login is coming from? I'd like to know if this is a true security issue and someone is hacking into my cameras. This is highly concerning!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NickyB,

This could be occurring if you are using both the mobile app and the web client and leaving one or the other running while logging in. If you are 100% sure that is not the case, I recommend changing your password to ensure that unwanted access is not taking place: How do I change my Arlo password?

JamesC

Asmiith90
Tutor
Tutor
My system keeps on logging me out over and over. I am the only person who has access to my sytem. What is causing it to do this? Could the detectives log into my system and get access to things? It's jus weird to me
Asmiith90
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not likely but if you're suspicious, change your password.  Are you actually getting a message that you've been logged out due to another login or is it just that you have to log back in once in a while?  Don't forget to set the Remember Me checkbox.

Asmiith90
Tutor
Tutor
It keeps my password up it just says log in tho. It's weird and I have fealt sketched out lately
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I get that occasionally but not often. Not sure what to tell you...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

I get that occasionally but not often. Not sure what to tell you...

for me it's usu to much cofffee

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Asmith90,

Do you use multiple devices to log in? This error could occur because you are logging in via the app when already logged in to the web client or vice versa.

JamesC

Gobby
Initiate
Initiate
I just got the same message, logged out because you logged in from another device. I've only ever logged in from my phone and im the only one with access .... how is this possible and how can it be checked. I bought these for security and im not feeling secure.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't explain the issue from a single phone/app but recently ran into this when I happened to have a login on a browser tab and tried to login in another tab.

styledata
Star
Star

This has happened to me multiple times. I am the only one that knows my password. It happens on the PC. And I am definitely not using the mobile app at the time it happens. It is time for Arlo to address this security vulnerability.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How many devices do you use to check Arlo? It may be that one device is checking in the background. Just a guess..

Xterra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue since hooking the cameras up.  I only have them indoors (bought the 3 camera set)  to watch my elderly father, but when I'm elsewhere, I have been randomly logged out due to 'another device'... and that ended my use of the product.  I am the only one with the cameras or access.  My PC is off at home when I leave, so nobody else would have access.  I was insecure about having wireless and internet streaming.. this only confirmed my issues.  I don't like the idea at all that strangers are watching us in our home.. and nothing is completely secure.  Thank you for asking the question though, at least I know I'm not the only one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How often does this happen and on how many devices? You may need to open a case with support but try reinstalling the app first.

jesuslinares78
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing with my arlo system. This is very concerning and dangerous. I'm the only one using this account, I changed the password several times and keeps doing the same thing; Log out because you suing another device ahhh noooo. I'm talking about my privacy and safety. I think I'm going to sell the all thing
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jesuslinares78,

Do you use multiple devices to log in? This error could occur because you are logging in via the app when already logged in to the web client or vice versa.

JamesC

Bama1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set which of your login devices has priority?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. One person should use the master account and everyone else use a guest account t using Settings, Grant Access.
pmanili
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have need this lately, but in my case the camera lights go on as if someone is watching and I know we are not logged in.  I keep the LED lights set to off.  I'm about to get rid of my Arlo because It feels as if someone broke into it and is watching us.