Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera constantly appears offline / falls off wifi

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
sammyv6s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Have had my Arlo camera for a couple of years no.

Recently it has started 'falling off' the WIFI - appearing as "This Arlo device is offline Please make sure it is connected to the Internet." in MyArlo.

The internet is working fine as other devices are still connected.

Highspeed WIFI 100mb/s

Have power cycled the base station, this usually fixes it but has not today, camera is still offline.

Happens every month or so.

Using non-rechargable batteries.

Base station is right next to my router, plugged in via ethernet

Camera is about 5meters away from the base station on the other side of a glass window.

Any ideas what is causing this?

8 REPLIES 8
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Have you tried "removing the camera" then resyncing it back to your system ?

sammyv6s
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't but I sure can try!

thjettner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It ran fine for about a year and now we are having to reset it constantly and or the cameras will just go offline randomly. Its getting very frustrating. I really want to like these cameras but I'm struggling.

rjjds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras, all connected fine for the first 12 months or so. Since a May update I have one camera that keeps dropping the connection and drains new batteries trying to connect. It is the closest camera to the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's a bad camera?

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

sammyv6s
Aspirant
Aspirant

I power cycled my hub again and it resolved the problem, again.

Odd that this happens after a year of usage >:

I'm thinking about buying more cameras but two things really pushing me to Canary vs Arlo; this issue and the fact I can't find any rechargeable batteries that work with these cameras.

slamanu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found some rechargeable batteries and a charger on Amazon. They are a bit pricy but I ordered them and will post a review on this forum when I get an opportunity to try them out.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Hope they're the Tenergy 3.7v gold colored rechargeables.   Then you have ones that are certified to work (not the silver 3.0v Tenergys). Nitecores also work for me