"Live" stopped working with latest firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been using Arlo with 3 cameras for 4 months without major issues.  Beginning a few days ago I began having issues:

1.  The first thing I noticed was that my battery levels had all been reset to 100% (when just the day before they were around 50% - 60%).  I called Netgear technical support and they recommended I power down and reset the cameras and base.  I did this and the issue persists.

2.  Starting yesterday, I no longer view any of the cameras "Live".  The motion detection and record works.  If I go to "settings" and select "Camera positioning" the live camera works.  But if I select "Live" from the devices display it appears to be attempting to connect, but after 30 seconds or so it returns to the last recorded view.

My system:

Cameras:
    HW Version H7
    Firmware 1.2.11810

Base:
    HW Version VMB3010r2
    Firmware 1.8.9.1_13442

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu the playback of LIVE is due to a flash issue...verify the Flash is turned on ( think that default on chrome if your using is off )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seems to be an issue when accessing the Arlo website using Chrome.  If I use Firefox, it works.  If I use Chrome, it doesn't work.  Regardless of what my settings for the Flash plugin are.

What I don't understand is why would this only become an issue in the last few days?  Has Chrome or Netgear issued an update that broke this?

TLW1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issues. i went back through the Sync process and saw the blinking light on the camera but i can't see anyting on the app itself. there has to be a fix.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've updated to the latest version of Chrome.  Still the same issue.  Regardless of what the settings are in Chrome, it blocks the Flash plugin.  But if I launch the same page in Firefox it works normally.  Perhaps there's something that has changed in the Arlo webpage that Chrome has issues with?  I don't seem to have any flash player issues with any other website.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

gobigkahuna wrote:

What I don't understand is why would this only become an issue in the last few days?  Has Chrome or Netgear issued an update that broke this?

Yes...there was a very recent Chrome update...I updated mine just this morning

Morse is faster than texting!
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat's suggestion worked.  Besides "white listing" the arlo page so Flash will run, one of the "flags" need to be changed in the Chrome settings.  Now I'm able to view a live video stream in Chrome!