Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
SweenerCard
Follower
Follower

I see that this problem I have goes back nearly 2 years, from the on-line forums.  Yet it still exists?  I am trying to set up, and can't get past logging in and "naming" my system, then I get the "We're sorry.  Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later" message.  According to the forums, "engineering has resolved it" and "is still investigating to find a permanent solution."  Ummm... it's been nearly two years. We do have prehistoric internet service where we are, but i can stream and go on line all the time.  I have installed the app on my LG Android phone and an android tablet, and tried from my MacBook, all with the same response.  Am I wasting my time with this system?

16 REPLIES 16
sailorjj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo 3 Wire Free Camera System model VMS3330W-100NAS, using an android phone. Base is plugged directly into an AT&T combo router/modem and the app recognizes it every time, that part of the set up is a non-issue. When prompted to add a device in the app it asks to scan a QR code on the box which there iisn't one. I select the "no QR code" code option which then generates a QR code on my adroid phone. Directions state to press sync button, on camera, then push continue, and hold camera 8" away from phone to recognize QR code Directions state "you should hear a chime",, but that never happens.. Just to see if it will go any further I. select Continue again in the app and the screen says "Discovering your device", but it never goes past that screen. I have tried unplugging the base multiple times to let it reset and I've removed the batteries from the camera, same result no matter what! The failure seems to be the camera not recognizing the QR code on my phone given the chime does not happen. HELP!!!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than try it on the app, try it on the web ( more stable )   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Joeym
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting the same thing and no one can give me a straight answer 

DavidStracener
Guide
Guide

Welcome to the Arlo pit of misery....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you chose the wrong camera unless the directions have changed recently. The wireless cameras don't scan anything - you just briefly press the base sync button (dont hold it for 2 seconds) and then use the camera sync button. You don't need to use the app or browser to sync cameras, only to claim the base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base a VMB3500? There's recent reports of the same issue. Swap at the store and/r open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Dhedges510
Aspirant
Aspirant
Instead of copy and pasting this generic answer why not just give us a solution and fix the problem? Should we just return our product then?
DavidStracener
Guide
Guide
I'm starting believe that's what the answer is, but they won't say it.

I spent numerous hours and tried everything. Our IT guy at work even let me borrow another wireless router, which I just tried and still failed.

I'm done with Arlo and will buy something else. At least they don't need to ignore my angry post anymore..

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Every once in a while this will happen as a one-time glitch and you can onboard your base station later. However, we have seen a surge in reports since our 1/8 update that is affecting the VMB3500 base station. Engineering was able to reproduce the issue tonight, and confirmed that a work-around for now is to factory reset the base station. Engineering is investigating the root cause, and we'll provide an update when we have one. For instructions on factory resetting your base station, see our article "How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?"

DavidStracener
Guide
Guide

Except everyone here has followed the factory reset numerous times and the problem still exist, so it's not a "work around".

arlofrustration
Star
Star
Ya what he said arlo. What’s the deal? Is arlo a product/profits only company or are they a customer service/quality <quantity company......
Joeym
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everything and nothing works and cant get no help from support bairly understand them!!!! 

arlofrustration
Star
Star

sailorjj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried it on the web per your suggestion.  It finds the base no problem, but when it askes me to name it and then click continue, I get an error meesage that states 'Aria account creation failed' and can go no further.  FYI, the cameras are the plain Arlo camera, not Arlo go or any of the others.  I did also try the other person's suggestion of using the sync button on the base, that does not work either.

SN300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't have the model number but this has been an issue for me.  I have the Arlo app loaded on a Android phone.

Please help, I use these cameras to make sure my husband is safe due to a chronic illness.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SN300

When do you experience this error message? What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using with your Android phone?