Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

only primary account holder can stop alarm in the app?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
clouvion
Tutor
Tutor

in the iphone app, there is a dropdown on the main  page, just below the ARLO logo that shows 3 options: alarm /call friend / call 911

When granted full access to the system to a family member, only call 911 shows up.

I called support,  they said this is normal - only the primary member can stop the alarm.

That sounds like a pretty bad feature miss. What happens when the primary holder is traveling? family members can't stop the alarm? seriously???

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

clouvion,

Within your Grant Access settings, do you have the Siren shared to the other user? 

JamesC

clouvion
Tutor
Tutor

In the list of devices to share, I see the "base", and the cameras. I do not see "Siren".

When editing the list, the app allows me to select the base, however, when I save I get an error: "Device of this type cannot be shared".

In all cases, there is a bug; I shouldn't be able to select a device that cannot be saved, or I should be able to save it.

In my case, I do want to share the base (or siren), though don't any opportunity to do that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

clouvion,

Can you show me a screenshot of the error you receive? Do you see this same behavior when using both the mobile app and the web client?

JamesC

clouvion
Tutor
Tutor

on the iphone app, the base/siren is showing as shared however when I shared it, it showed an error

on the web, the base/siren is showing as shared.

but on the grantee app, the base is not showing

see attached screenshots

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

clouvion,

Do you have the access rights toggle enabled for the shared account?

JamesC

clouvion
Tutor
Tutor

yes