Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
peteG
Follower
Follower

hello

i bought a 3 camera ARLO system yesterday, one of them keeps going offline, after syncing it works fine with full battery and wifi signal, then it goes offline and when I press the sync button nothing happens

any help would be good

63 REPLIES 63
SoMi
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing is happening to me.  I have a 4 camera system and one camera had issues syncing at first and now that it has sync'd it goes offline constantly.  I don't know a solution as of yet.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check to make sure the cam led on the base unit isn't flashing... this means the range may be a problem is so.

If it's one camera thats causing the problem, ( going off line ) then try and switch it with another that works to see if its the camera or location interference.

The cams work on wifi 2.4g and are subject to interference just like any other wifi units.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
SoMi
Initiate
Initiate

For me atleast, none of that is the issue.  The camera in question is closest to the base unit and there is no interference.  I have 4 cameras total and this is the only one having this issue regardless of where it is placed.  I've swapped out batteries and tried all manner of troubleshooting.  I think this is just a lemon camera.  It seems I'm not the only one and I wonder about the QC on these.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think this is just a lemon camera.  It seems I'm not the only one and I wonder about the QC on these.

Contact Netgear and put in a trouble ticket so the problem will be resolved.

Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Wow.. I thought It's not gonna' happen to me.. This might be a server issue again? .. I just got it too.. one of my 4 cameras just went offline right infront of me..

I wanna' find out and reach out to all who own's 3-5 or more Cameras & got affected by this "Offline" to go to their "Camera Settings" under "Settings" and look at which camera is Offline.. Mine is the 3rd Camera from the top.. If most of us are having the 3rd Camera offline.... then the issue might not be ours.. Maybe the SERVER again.. Just wanna' get a pattern here

MyArlo11
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the "EXACT" same problem. I have the 4 camera system. It's the 3rd camera in the list. The camera is in the same room with the base station. 

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi MyArlo11,

Thank you for your feedback. This might be related to the issue we had with our server recently. Ensure the unit (base and cameras) are up to date.

I will provide an update once I hear back from our Engineering team.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

lstockda
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem with the 3rd camera going off line no matter how many times i sync it back up ....can someone from support please contact me.  I've exchanged cameras, switched batteries and this is 2 ft from the base unit with the same issue.  This unit arrived yesterday, 7/8/15.  

rtwiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ihave the same problem. I purchased a 3 camera system and one camera keeps going off line. It ha full battery and signal strengh. I moved it close to the base and it still happens. The other 2 cameras are fine.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

been an ongoing issue for me since the May updates. prior to those changes the system actually worked reliably,

NetGear please fix these issues already !!

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi rtwiz,

I checked that all your cameras are available and up to date. I would like to know if you are still having offline issues randomly or intermittently. If it happens again, kindly contact our support team to further troubleshoot and investigate this issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Alro Team

slugnutty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  4 camera system, and camera number three is offline and will not come back online no matter what I try.  I am interested to see how, and if, Netgear comes up with an answer.

As for now, I am stuck with just 3 cameras, and a nice little box saying that I can have up to 5 cameras so I should purchase one more.  That seems especially annoying when my system is not currently working.

Rich

MyArlo11
Initiate
Initiate
After several "useless" messages back & forth, a couple of weeks, & me paying $17 for shipping & handling Net gear replaced the camera, which was part of a 4 camera system, 3rd camera, & the system is less than 90 days old. It's only been a few days, but the replacement camera seems to be working correctly. I have made it very clear to Net gear that I had been a loyal customer of their products for decades until now. A product is only as great as the service/support that is provided. My experience in getting a resolution to this has been an absolute nightmare due to failure to communicate on their end. When they did contact me it was for information that was already provided or to ask how satisfied I was with the resolution. There had been "NO" resolution or options provided to me to resolve the issue, yet they wanted to close the case. I hope I never have to contact them again for support on a defective item in which they are well aware of the issue. Additionally, having to pay out of pocket for a speedy resolution. Good Luck.
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi slugnutty,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.  Kindly answer the questions I have summarized below:

1. What is the behavior of the LED lights of your camera 3?

2. Have you tried to switch the location of camera 3 with other cameras or bring it near to the base station?

3. Have you tried to reboot camera 3 by opening its battery door on its bottom and then close it?

4. Have you tried changing the batteries as well? or swapping the batteries with other cameras?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Rednumberfive
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a new 4 camera set up this past month (Early July) and I have one camera that keeps going offline. It's the fourth camera that's giving me trouble. I changed out the batteries, re synced, and it works but then quickly goes offline within a day. I patiently did all the trouble shooting that Netgear has stated on this forum and nothing solves the problem. I am requesting that Netgear either solves this problem (update?) or sends me a replacement camera ASAP. I like the system, but this offline issue is a serious problem that needs to be addressed by Netgear.
Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

I too, now have a camera down (Camera 2 on a 3-camera system) as of a couple of days ago. I'll try the troubleshooting measures as mentioned and I'm hoping it's not a defective camera.

Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

So I went through the procedures with no results, but I noticed that the app camera's window showed a last view(?) date being over a month ago. I KNOW this camera was active after that. I also brought it back to the base station in an attempt to resync/reset it but there is no blue light flashing or anything from the camera.

My next option is to change the batteries. But if it's in fact the batteries that are dead...wouldn't I have seen a low-power notice in the app?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rednumberfive,

If you have done all the suggested troubleshooting steps provided above and you're still experiencing your camera going offline please contact Netgear Support to have your issue validated for potential RMA.  You'll find several options to contact support in the provided link.

Regards,

JamesC

sfrobison
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same issue with one of my cameras. At first I thought it was batteries, but even with replacing them, it will sync and work for a while then go back offline with dead batteries again.  Can someone from Arlo contact me?

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sfrobison,

Where is this camera located? Is there more activity captured on this camera than your other?  I would recommend swapping locations with the camera that is functioning correctly to see if the results are the same.  You should also try bringing the camera near the base station and power cycling it to trigger the firmware update to make sure it has the latest firmware.  If you are still having issues with the camera going offline and draining batteries you should contact Netgear Support to validate for potential RMA.

Regards,

JamesC

Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

Actually, this camera gets the least amount of activity. The other two are of our front door and rear yard/garage area which are always being triggered. The one offline is to an area that is closed off by two fences and where no one goes, but has windows that someone may be able to break in through. 

I'm waiting on the new batteries to further test as I need to climb a VERY high roof eave in order to try the other batteries.

Ruskinite
Guide
Guide

So I installed the new batteries and the camera came to life. Strangely, and just before I tapped the Refresh [arrow] icon dead center, it displayed a date from several days ago and a red warning [!] sign advising me to update the firmware for just that camera.

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same problem with camera 3 of a 4 camera system.  it started about a week ago when I had my system up for about a month. I will perform the tests you suggest and will let you know how it goes. In addition, the push notifications do not work for me either.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Vitesse,

If after performing the provided troubleshooting steps, kindly contact our support team for further assistance regarding your one camera going offline.

In regards to your push notifications not working, what mobile device are you using to access the Arlo App? 

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team