Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
fire-security
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is kinda blowing my mind as it does not appear to be a issue with anyone else but me and my arlo cameras.

I have been trouble shooting this extensivly and the only cause I can come up with is that if the motion is set to sensitive it will actually pickup the heat waves fluctuating? because I have troubleshooted relfective triggering and also trouble shooting the possibilitiy that maybe a hot engine may be triggering it through my wood fence some how as their is a street on the other side of it with the occasional vehicle going down it but this thing just triggers constantly at 100% and not a single moving object is moving but maybe my short blades of grass in a breeze from time to time as I have no plants or trees in my backyard. does it for all cameras, tried restarting hub, resyncing cameras and a whole bunch of positioning methods but apart from reducing the sensativity which i shouldnt have to considering nothing in the yard moves anyway and nothing that emits heat at least lol

so anyone got any ideas? because all my cameras cant seriously be defective could they? sounds farfetched.

And yes its driving me absoluetly crazy because it starts up early in the morning at exactly the same time once the sun is out and nice and hot.

(could blades of grass reflect and trigger? lol)

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had a camera that became very over-productive in a certain timeframe in the afternoon.  The issue is basically that the sun is in a position where leaves are apparently moving and reflecting the sun's IR radiation in a way that sets off motion detection.  The same camera with the same settings is fine at all other times of the day.  Not much to be done other than to 1) change locations, if possible, 2) set the schedule to turn the camera off during that time or 3) live with it.  Not all, or even any, of these are necessarily useful.

fire-security
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah that's exactly what I done I used the schedule mode to set the sensitivity down during the day and increase it during the night. I guess the only other thing I can do is to try and reduce reflective based triggering if that is indeed the case here. Thanks.