Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

not recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ROK2
Follower
Follower

I have a premier account (which includes recording-saving).  I've recieved email alerts of my camera triggered in my carport, but each time i went to my account-there was no recording???

what is the problem? 

thanks

Rory

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there a chance you have a filter set? Go to the library and click on the filter (funnel icon). Reset so all cameras are selected and save. The funnel should be empty/not filled in.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. Ensure the rule for that camera in your current recording mode says that motion detection by the camera causes a camera to record. Weird things like ST integration can lead to that rule saying motion detection causes another camera to Do Nothing. So, first check the rule.

2. I find the easiest way to navigate detections is via the Device tab. Above the camera with be a number of triggers in a circle. Click on the number and it will show you the recordings for that particular camera.
I'll disagree with jguerdat and say that when you're in the library tab, make sure the funnel is empty. If you click on it and select all of the cameras, it will still show a solid green funnel. Reset should select no cameras and the funnel will be empty and you'll see all videos on your account

educatorkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just joined the community after owning my cameras for about nine months. I can manually take a video and a picture and see them in the Library, but the cameras have yet to do them automatically when motion is detected. I have tried all of your suggestions and I still don’t get any results. The little circle in the Library for each camera always has a zero. This is frustrating because all I can do is manually view what’s going on or when I get a notice sent to my phone or iPad, I have to quickly open it up so I can manually view. By then whatever it was is gone!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

educatorkim,

Could you please post screenshots of your Modes page and also the Rules inside your main recording mode?

educatorkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been watching tutorials and when it says all is set properly to go to settings and select the base station. The problem is it doesn’t show the base station.
educatorkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, in Mode it says I should see base station, click on it and select arm. Should I try doing this all from my pc and not my smart phone?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sure, give the PC a go. Can't really be of more help without the screenshots

educatorkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your time... I’m out of time for working on this again! ☹️