Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

set up e-mail notifications - ARLO model VMS3230-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Columbo1
Guide
Guide

I replaced one of my cameras (VMS3230-100-NAS) and it works fine, but I need  to set up activity notification to my e-mail address, and also set length of clip recordings.  I can't seem to remember how to do these tasks.   Can someonr provide my step by step info.   Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In any of the various interfaces, you must select your base to access the modes and rules. You may have multiple bases or a mixture of cameras attached to bases as well as Q or Go cameras. Each is separately handled so you have to select one, even if there's only one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

In the Arlo App click on the Mode Icon at the bottom of the page. Select the mode that you wish to receive notifications from by clicking on the pencil to the right of that mode.

On the Edit Mode page under the Rules section, click on the pencil to the right of each rule, (if you already have some rules for that camera - I believe Arlo creates the initial rule for that caera which you can edit). By clicking on the pencil you will be taken to the Edit Rule page where you can select how you wish to be notified. You can also set the video record length by clicking on the pencil icon next to the Record Video section if you have selected it.

Brian

Columbo1
Guide
Guide
Hi Brian

Thanks for your response.

You say "In the Arlo App click on the Mode Icon at the bottom of the page".

When I click on the Arlo app on my smart phone  home screen, I get a screen showing:
Mode - Devices - Library (all of which are on the TOP line of the screen).
In any event when I tap on the MODE - I just get my base unit serial number - showing Armed.

I have not been able to find any where that I can see any "rules" etc.

I do recall doing the sort of things you refer to, when I first sett up my original 5 cameras (over a yr ago), but I just can't seem to get there now. 
brh
Master
Master

Sorry, I am using my App on an iPhone 6 so maybe your app is different.. What make and model of phone are you using?

Also have you logged into your account on your PC. If you can't set it up in the App, I am sure you should be able to by logging into your account.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In any of the various interfaces, you must select your base to access the modes and rules. You may have multiple bases or a mixture of cameras attached to bases as well as Q or Go cameras. Each is separately handled so you have to select one, even if there's only one.

Columbo1
Guide
Guide

Thanks

Yes... that was the Key to solving my problem...I taped on my base unit ID - then tapped on the pencil link, then I was able to see theinfo I needed and made my changes,=.

Columbo1
Guide
Guide

thanks agaun !

Yes I am using a SAMAUNG Android... but anyway was able to solve the problem.