Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting status message

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
rusadvise
Follower
Follower

Stuck on getting status on Samsung 6, Samsung 7 and IPad.  Have unplugged router, taken out battery, uninstalled and reinstalled app, force stopped app,, no change. Get alerts for movement, but nothing in library.

If recommending installing version 2.3.1,, please advise how to find that version. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Asap_lil_b
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here I've been stuck with that problem for 3 days straight now if you find out how to fix it please share how.
Asap_lil_b
Aspirant
Aspirant
What ever you do not remove you're camera for base station will not load it back up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rusadvise, Asap_lil_b

Do you see the same behavior when using the web client? Does this only occur when using the mobile app?

JamesC

Asap_lil_b
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't tried the web client yet matter of fact i don't know what that is the only thing i have been using is the mobile app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a computer and connect to https://arlo.netgear.com to test.

davecbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problem, stuck in getting status state.  Started yesterday.  I tried on computer and got conncection failed.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davecbus,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

davecbus
Aspirant
Aspirant

i actually unplugged the power from the base station last evening and once it rebooted back up i was able to access via my mobile.

thanks for the reply!

lprosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried turning the base station on and off and unplugging it and back in - nothing.   I also reset the whole base and it came back for maybe a day and its back to getting status stuck issue.  Please advise

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More details as to exactly what you're doing.  App or browser?  Have you tried both? By reset, do you mean the reset button?  Did you also remove all devices in Settings, My Devices?

lprosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive tried both App and Browser.   The app is what i mainly use.   After a reset or reboot it'll work for alittle bit.  Once I get logged out of the app it just says getting status and wont work again.   I have done the reset from the back of the base and re added all the cameras and still get the same issue....

GoalSecurity
Tutor
Tutor

Any idea what causes this issue, which requires a reboot of the base station to fix? This issue just came up for me, and I'd hate to have it happen while out of town (which is the primary reason I bought an Arlo).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing when this happens? I'll wager they're green so it's an app/browser display issue. I generally try logging out and back in when something like this happens to me although a force close of the app is sometimes necessary.

Also, try to open the app when not switching between networks, including cell service and WiFi.