Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary

The new app update for iOS doubled the devices the. Wiped out my base station and set up. Fix it

83 REPLIES 83
Betstu2004
Tutor
Tutor
For me, the issue with the iPhone app (duplicate cameras - alerts did work throughout) fixed itself (I assume on server side) some time on Dec 30 in early afternoon. No issues since then running the app on iPhone 6S Plus.
rramos
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issues. I have tried everything - did the factory reset, powered, down resyned my cameras, removed the app multiple times and still unable to see any images on my iPhone 6 Plus. This is frustrating. How do I upload the previous io 2.3.0 Version? At least I'll be able to see double the image rather than nothing at all.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Can't load down revision apps on iPhones. My wife's' 5C still can see images although the cameras are not duplicated. What I don't understand is why it will run on one customers 6S+ and not on another's. How many cameras are attached to your base stations (6S+ users with and without issues)?
rramos
Initiate
Initiate
I only have two cameras. After the last firmware update, I was getting duplicates feeds. I deleted the one that showed batteries low as recommended on the community and lost all feeds.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
For new guests reading these posts that are having the same problems. DO NOT DELETE ANY DUPLICATES OR BASES. It only will cause more problems than you currently have. Hopefully Netgear engineers are in final test for an app update and we will get rid of these problems.
Bownse
Guide
Guide

I found out about (not) deleting the duplicate feeds. It means you lose all your settings and start from scratch.

The way I can tell the good from the ghost is that the 4 ghosts never seem to connect and display an image.

FYI: I have a kit that came with 1 base and 4 (in use) Pro cameras.

TechToyTV
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issue. Just started tonight. have resynced and rebooted everything twice over, nothing resolved the issue. Any updated Netgear on the status of this issue for iOS users?

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
No response from Netgear yet TechToyTV. What model of iPhone are you using? This may help then pinpoint the issue if is hardware related.
DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system has worked correctly for 3 days now. I have an iPhone 6s and my wife has iPhone 7. I re-synced the cameras one time and reinstalled the app several times, especially on my wife's phone. It seems like the problem is resolving for some people like in my case, and not for others.

TechToyTV
Tutor
Tutor
I use an iPhone 7 Plus
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
This problem must be a server related issue. Maybe it was hacked and a virus installed by the Russians or some guy sitting in his bed.
Bownse
Guide
Guide

Should we wait while you find a safe space?

LOL

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Started out of the blue for me today.
Jef68
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am getting duplicate images on all cameras also...still. Any proven solutions?
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
From why I'm reading, its best to just wait it out. Nothing seems to fix it permanently. Think I'll open a support ticket so it gets more visibility. Last update was like a month ago saying they were looking into it.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Manoffice this started with the 12/21 update. I had no problems with the iPad 2, iPhone 5C or iPhone 5S until then. I do believe the moderators have already place a service ticket in the system to rectify this issue. Patience will be rewarded. The question is how much patience is expected?
User0002
Guide
Guide

Too late for me.  After encountering the double vision problem I deleted one of the base stations. Now both base stations are gone. I now have a 4 hour drive to re-add the device.  Everything worked fine for me until today. 

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
As was the case with User0002, all users should read through this thread before attempting a fix. Maybe Netgear can send a blast to all users if Arlo to read this thread.
DISCGJA
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been getting the double device screens since the 12/21 iPhone update. It did go away but eventually came back. I deleted the double device but that dropped everything and I had to re-sync all the cams. Arlo has become a terrible product. I should be reimbursed, the Vue cams were actually more dependable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
James C thanks for the update. As I have said in the thread, don't do the unload reload process as it doesn't get anyone anywhere. Hope it gets fixed quickly.
Bownse
Guide
Guide

Include me in the column of owners who tried reinstalling the app without resolving the problem.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
My Arlo app just started duplicating devices again. I am getting ultra frustrated with this problem. I won't try to reconfigure or change any settings and I haven't for a while now. Netgear needs to test changes on a test server not a production server. They need to test for different customer devices and configurations before loading onto the production server. I am calling Netgear corporate again.
John1957
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem with each camera being duplicated when using the iPhone App. One camera has normal battery stats and the other shows a dead battery. I tried the 100% unload all devices and reload, and the duplicates came back. If I delete any of the cameras that show the dead battery, it deletes both of the camera views for that single camera. It also shows I have two base stations but one is searching for the connection.

What's interesting is this problem only exists on my iPhone 6Plus running the latest iOS 10. Everything is fine on my desktop computer through Internet Explorer and all is OK using my iPad Arlo App. This all ocurred after the update to fix the dark camera views.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
I just talked with a Tech support rep yesterday and was told the engineers are working on it. I asked that they roll back to the last version before 12/21 dark camera fix, then within a test environment get what they wanted to update completed and vetted before releasing to the consumers. I'm not sure the rep was actually listening or just giving me lip service. As an application engineer I think this latest version was not properly tested in a test environment and vetted after a full functional test utilizing all OSs, consumer devices, etc. let's see what they will do for the consumers before someone goes to the press about this issue.