Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sspring92
Star
Star

Hello,

Just set up cameras today.  They were working fine during set up.  Lovely video of my brother installing them ;).  I was also getting motion detection alerts to my phone.  I changed to a schedule 8:00 PM to 11:59 PM and 12:00 AM to 7:00 AM.  Guests leaving after 8:00 pm were recorded driving out of my drive way with alerts.  I then went out and walked around directly in front of the camera.  No alerts nothing in the library.  i tried it again watching live and there I was (with a fairly long delay)  but still no alerts.  not sure what the problem is.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You camera isn't detecting you. Cars moving will generally trigger the cameras easily as they have a large IR signature. What I suggest you do is go into your recording mode, probably ARMED, and edit the RULE for the camera you want. Set the motion sensitivity to 100. Each time you get a false detection and recording, turn the motion sensitivity down 1. At a certain point, probably in the low 90s or high 80's, you'll find the sweet spot for motion detection where everything you want is recorded but things like swaying trees don't trigger it. Don't forget to go back a page and click SAVE down the bottom after you alter the motion sensitivity. If you don't save, it won't change.

Also PIR motion sensors work best when the object moves across the field of view. People walking direct towards or away from the camera are the most difficult to detect. You want to have the cameras positioned in such a way that their is some lateral movement across the FOV, perhaps at a diagonal so you can still see them front on