Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
RachelIvy
Initiate
Initiate
i recently changed from an iPhone 6s Plus to an IPhone XR and the Arlo app no longer plays videos in the library for my security cameras. It allows me to view live time but won’t play the videos. I am running IOS 12.1. Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to download the newest app, which is version 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ice4469
Guide
Guide

Welcome to the wonderdful world of waiting for them to fix it. Its been over a month and no one from Netgear/Arlo seems to have an answer to this. Its just a waitng game now 

Tbird52
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For everyone who is having problems with iPhone XR, could you answer the following questions below?

• What iOS version are you running on your iPhone?
  • What Arlo app version are you running?
  • What device model are you on?
  • Which Arlo cameras are you having trouble live viewing?
RachelIvy
Initiate
Initiate
IOS 12.1
Arlo app version 2.6.1
Arlo WiFi security cameras
The recorded videos in the library section do not play, they only show a still photograph so I cannot review footage recorded by the system. I can switch the cameras to live mode and see them stream live. This needs fixing ASAP. And, the schedule option on the cameras doesn’t work.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to reinstall the app and see if the issue persists?

Jch12
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue with my iphone XR (ios 12.0)
Reinstalled the app(2.6.1) but still doesn’t work. Work OK on my othet apple ios devices
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to download the newest app, which is version 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue.

Jch12
Initiate
Initiate
Just updated to 2.6.2
This seems to have resolved the issue
Thank you
ysu
Luminary
Luminary

I have latest 2.6.2 on iPhone XS running latest iOS. All seem to work well including live view

KathyDurden70
Aspirant
Aspirant
Love the cameras and it’s super easy to use and set up the system itself. Note for those with NEW iPhone XR... update your software to version 12.1.1 on your iPhone and the freezing that occurs on the video playback will work. Also make sure you update the app itself in iTunes to the latest version. Problem solved