Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

faulty camera

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Keefo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a new system a week ago with 4 cameras. One camera went offline after a few days and now will not sync at all. The sync light on the camera does not come on at all when trying to sync. The batteries are OK, as the blue light comes on for a few seconds when the batteries are taken out and put back in. I've tried rebooting the system, three of the cameras sync fine, but the fourth does not. As the slow flashing blue light fails to come on when the sync button is pressed, I'm assuming a faulty camera. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keefo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took it back to the store and got a replacement

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create an actual trouble ticket.  The forums help but don't necessarily get you action such as replacement.  Alternatively, contact the seller and see if an exchange can happen.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Keefo,

Were you able to resolve the issue with the camera that was not syncing properly? If so, what (if anything) did you do to resolve the issue?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will benefit other community members!

Thank you for your post!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Keefo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took it back to the store and got a replacement

Comp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the 3 camera system but one camera over drive way is false triggering in the afternoon when the unit or ground gets warm. I tried decreasing the sensitivity down to one but get same results
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Comp,

It sounds like heat off the driveway may be causing the false triggers. You could try positioning the camera so that it is angled away from the driveway to see if you get better results.  It also may be beneficial to swap it with one of your other two cameras to make sure both cameras return the same results if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

JamesC

DJJimmyJam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Christine,

How do I start a trouble ticket? My night vision is constantly going out, I undo the battery door, and only sometimes that fixes it (happens every 2-3 days).
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DJJimmyJam,

After performing the necessary troubleshooting steps and you are still encountering issues, it is best to contact our support team. They'll be able to better assist in further troubleshooting and resolving your issue.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
KyleF
Tutor
Tutor

I have a bad camera that only films in black and white. sometimes it turns all red. I purchased a 5 camera system from Amazon. how do i get a replacement? I only need one camera replaced.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KyleF,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC