Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor

I have had my system setup for a couple of months, worked flawlessly.  One of my cameras needed new batteries, I replaced the batteries - but the camera would not resync.  I messed around trying to get it to sync with the base unit, but nothing.  I thought, well - let me try with another camera.  I removed one of the other cameras and then tried to sync it as well.  Same thing, fails in trying to sync the camera and the base.

Thoughts/ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor
I had previously removed everything, but it still didn't work. Netgear removed my account - then I set it back up as a brand new user, all good now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What LEDs are lit on the base and what color? Have you tried power cycling the base? May e remove the cameras​ from Settings, My Devices and resync.
JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor

The power and internet lights are both on solid and they are green.  I can restart the base unit from the app on my phone.  So, I know I have connectivity.

I have no cameras attached now.  I can't get any to add back either.  When I press the sync button on the base unit, the camera light flashes green.  I then press the camera sync button and it flashes blue.  Then, the camera will start fast flashing an amber light.  They are just never syncing.

What the heck?

I have removed and added, and removed and added the base unit to my account multiple times.  The cameras remain steadfast in their reaction and do not want to sync.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're just briefly pressing the base sync button, right?  If so, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, that's correct.

I have a case currently open with support. They are being a bit slow to resolve and there is only so much of removing and adding the base station I can stand. Repeating the same thing and expecting a different result when nothing was changed is not productive.

That's why I reached out here in hopes someone else ran across the same issue and knew a fix.

Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Then your last resort is to reset the base and start fresh. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Not sure what happened, but somehow my account needed to be reset. Once that was done, ez-pz to sync my cameras!!!!

So, I have two base units, one with four regular cameras and the other with three regular cameras and a pro camera!

Back to working fine now!
Tdwperth
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. Only 1 camera is syncing the rest are always appearing off line. How did you do a account reset?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect he means that he removed all devices from Settings, My Devices and started fresh.

JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor
I had previously removed everything, but it still didn't work. Netgear removed my account - then I set it back up as a brand new user, all good now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kewl.  Did you reuse the same email address?

JRob4605
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. Sure did and everything worked exactly as it should!