Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Picture turned suddenly red

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
rcvandenheuvel
Follower
Follower

Dear

One of the cameras suddenly only displays a red picture. I have shut down the camera and restarted it, I have delisted the camera and renew the synchronisation, I have taken out the new (original) batteries: nothing helps!!

What to do?

Robert van den Heuvel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rcvandenheuvel,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Trav007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ya

I had the same issue after the first couple of days but for me it was fixed by just taking the batteries out and re starting the base.

Hope this helps

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rcvandenheuvel,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

JLTdk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tage same issue and tried the same procedure but the picture is still red?? What next?

/Jesper Thomsen
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the message above yours.

JimD2204
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,  I to had this problem This past winter. I solved it today. Yesterday, I remove the batteries from the camera and the power cord from my base station. This did not work. Today I received a response from the netgear support center asking me to try and reset the camera again. So today I remove the batteries from the camera, Then I removed the power cord from the base you, but I also removed the Ethernet cable from the base station. I waited a few minutes, reconnected the base station, reinstalled the batteries to the camera. The camera automatically synced with the base station. I  I put the camera back to its position and it's back to normal again. So in conclusion I would say to be sure and disconnect the power cord and the Ethernet cable, since the removal of the Ethernet cable was the only difference from yesterday. I hope this will solve this problem for anyone else who it may come up with.

JimD2204

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i think it was the second cam and base station restart rather than removing the ethernet cable that did the trick but computers work in mysterious ways so can't really be certain.

JimD2204
Tutor
Tutor

To manfredz, You are only confusing the issue, please re read my solution. I only have one camera. The only difference is that I removed the Ethernet cable the second time.

For people who have the pinkish hue problem, just try removing the batteries from carmera and disconnecting the power cord and Ethernet cable from Base Station.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

the "second" referred to restart.

sorry I could have phrased it better.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JimD2204 wrote:

For people who have the pinkish hue problem, just try removing the batteries from carmera and disconnecting the power cord and Ethernet cable from Base Station.

The pink cast is a hardware issue with the specific camera and has no bearing on the base or its connection.  I understand what you're saying, that you did all these things and the camera started working with no cast but it's coincidence that the filter moved inside the camera.

If it happens again, open a case since hardware issues can only be addressed that way.  The rest are jsut workarounds.

JimD2204
Tutor
Tutor

Hello everyone, I wrote yesturday that my pinkish hue was solved, however after being on at night, when it returned to day vision, the pinkish hue was back. Have reopened my case.