Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras are not recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chopliver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not one of my 5 cams are recording. One detects motion but still don't record movement. Opened 2 that aren't mounted to chk for firmware update. No recording still.
Unplugged DVR & plugged in again; cams still not recording. Cams are working.
Switched up Mode settings; no recording.
Pls advise. TY.
7 REPLIES 7
Colin_V
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with a 2 camera set up. Using scheduled recording but this is not happening. Really disappointed! Help would be appreciated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men in the Cameras tab black or gray? If the latter, try using the Armed mode for testing.

JulianS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same problem with my 2 camera set up. I receive notifications that the cameras have detected motion but nothing has been recorded, also I cannot get a live feed. I wonder if this is related to the IOS software update 3 weeks ago as a friend of mine with an identical set up is having similar issues 

JulianS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same problem with my 2 camera set up. I receive notifications that the cameras have detected motion but nothing has been recorded, also I cannot get a live feed. I wonder if this is related to the IOS software update 3 weeks ago as a friend of mine with an identical set up is having similar issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same thing if you use a browser?

JulianS
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Same thing if you use a browser?

I tried accessing the live feed from a browser (Google chrome and internet explorer) with no success. I introduced another camera running an older firmware version (1.2.2688) and it works fine!. That would suggest a possible software issue. The problem cameras are running version 1.2.4941 - is there any way I can reinstall the older version? The cameras are hardware version H7

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happened when trying to use a browser?  Was there an error message?

The firmware version is automatically updated and can't be changed by the user.  It's a "push" from the servers.

The fastest way to try to get around this is to make note of all your settings and modes/rules followed by deleting all devices from your account in Settings, My devices.  Use the reset button on the base and press until the LEDs flash amber.  Let the base stabilize with two green LEDs (power and Internet).  Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base back in and then resync the cameras.  You'll then have to set up any settings you used previously as well as modes and rules.  That should set things right - if not, you'll need to create a trouble ticket for additional help and possible RMA.