Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Lights Are All On But Won't Connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AmyAndAndrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

All three lights are on but the base is undiscoverable ... tried my Android phone, my desktop computer, and my Ipad.  This shouldn't be this hard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmyAndAndrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they are all green.  Yes, by "connect" I mean pairing between my device and the base unit.  Problem solved ... it took a simple paper clip to the reset button on the back of the base unit.  I had to re pair my cameras after that, but all is working great.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

they are on, but a simple question ...are they all green?

Also , you don't connect to the base...you access it with the android app/ios app/pc web browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AmyAndAndrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they are all green.  Yes, by "connect" I mean pairing between my device and the base unit.  Problem solved ... it took a simple paper clip to the reset button on the back of the base unit.  I had to re pair my cameras after that, but all is working great.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

AmyAndAndrew wrote:

Good to hear...

BTW, just in case your don't know... The Arlo base sets up it own wifi network. This network will link only to the cameras ( no other devices ). But you can see the base ID with a wifi program that shows networks. Use it to assist in signal strength when picking the best camera locations

Morse is faster than texting!