Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
catvSQUIRELL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having some trouble with my ARLO cameras and the batteries dying extremely quick and not allowing certain recording functions to work properly like motion sense and infrared...This is supposedly because of the firmware update that my base station never took....Tech support has ben no help. I am currently using base station firmware verision: 1.9.0.0_14639...Camera firmware: 1.2.11810

I asked them if there was a place on the website where I could download the firmware to a Flashdrive and do it manually and they said NO.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no way to update firmware like you can a router. Your choices are to power cycle the base and wait overnight or reset the system. If you choose to reset, remove all devices fom Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If you wish, you can also hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Wait until the base reboots and has green LEDs for both power and Internet. Use the Add Device button to claim the base and sync the cameras. Check to see if any firmware needs updating and do so.

catvSQUIRELL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Every time I talk to the tech support they tell me my isp provided network is not secure and that's why the firmware can't be pushed to the devices. Makes no sense to me because I work for the isp I use and never had issues before with any other type of update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What ISP? That doesn't make sense to me - basically every ISP isn't totally locked down, it's up to the user to use routers and firewalls.

A possible workaround is to take the system to another location with maybe a different ISP , plug it in and see if the firmware updates.

catvSQUIRELL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cable One.
I work for them and the firewall in the wireless modem is completely open to not restrict anything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try resetting the system byt removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh or try the previous suggestion of temporarily moving the system to another network to see if that allows the updates to happen.