Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How many motions alerts is considered a high traffic area ?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

How many motions alerts is considered a high traffic motion area?

I am trying to determine what my number is for my Arlo Cameras set up?  Does Netgear have a official high traffic areas number to compare against?

My one camera tiggers 12 times a day.   I have put the motion to 45 % and adjusted the camera angle.  My camera is on the garage in direct sunlight..

If I move my camera out of direct sunlight would this cut down on the motion triggers?  I want to save on the camera battery life.

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reducing the recording length is a workable option as long as you record what you need. Some folks set up a custom mode specifically for windy situations, modifying sensitivity and recording length.  You can then manually select that mode for those times when it's needed but don't foget to revert back to your normal schedule later.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no high traffic number but there is one for spec battery life - 5 minutes total recording and live viewing on average per day. 12 times a day does seem like high traffic to me but 12 recordings of 2 minutes each is outside of the spec.  How long are your recordings?

Moving the camera out of sunlight likely wouldn't make a difference. Minimizing the view seen by the cameras so false triggers aren't happening would be useful.

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

My recording is 35 seconds for each motion dection should I lower this number down?  I only get false triggers if the wind is above 20 mph.  The moving out of direct sunlight if the battery gets hot but that doesn't seem to be problem.   I really like my Arlo camera system and thank you for the battery information.  Cheers Bob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reducing the recording length is a workable option as long as you record what you need. Some folks set up a custom mode specifically for windy situations, modifying sensitivity and recording length.  You can then manually select that mode for those times when it's needed but don't foget to revert back to your normal schedule later.

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think setting up a custom schedule for this area is a great idea.  I will give this a try because I do see a pattern in this area for alerts.  Thank You Bob