Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EddieChester
Follower
Follower

Any advice ..

Hi all .. I have just replaced 4 batteries in one of my cameras ..rated at 1500Ah ..quite a good make , good feedback from loads of users .. suffice to say i installed 4 new ones on 28th Oct Saturday afternoon , they have recorded around 10 / 12 10 second clips up until Monday afternoon and the battery power is showing 12% ..my son has the same batteries in his Arlo system and they are all going well ..just wondered if anyone has experienced this with their system .

Am wondering if there may be a fault with this camera .

the camera is only set at 15% for detection so is not going off every few minutes ..

Any help and advice would be appreciated .

Guess i have to try another set and see what happens ..regards Eddie ..

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That isn't normal for a new set of batteries.

Most of my Arlos run about 3 months on a new set.

You doing the first step with new batteries , but do you have a way of testing the old ones ?

The 123 batteries are 3.2v when new and are doa at about 2.75v coming out.

Sometimes one set of batteries don't make good contact so you can run on 1/2 the total ( they run in pairs; front set / rear set )

Make sure all the contacts are good and install the batteries letting the door push them into place fully.

If the draining starts to happen again, open battery door to reset cam and reclose.

If it occurs again, put in a problem report to Netgear Support ( bottom of page )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Not_Tech_Savy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Notice that I needed to replace the batteries because they were at 12%. That was on October 29th.. not even 24 hours later my cameras are again dead needing new batteries so I changed them again this on the 30th. On October 31st Halloween the cameras were at 12% battery life again less than 24 hours after teplacing with brand new fresh batteries. I just about 30 mins ago checked my cameras and I have 1 that is at 15%, another one that is saying replace batteries and my third one is at 25%. I haven’t changed any of my recording settings or anything they are set at 10 secs. Any suggestions? Or help??? Thanks Brady
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I always thought you can't legitimately get 1500mAh on CR123A batteries