Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ph700
Star
Star

I can view videos for their full recorded length on my PC, but via the Android app I only can watch the first 7 seconds. Then it gets stuck with the "Buffering..." message indefinitely.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app, but no change.

This applies to all videos on all cameras.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you restarted the phone, too? What device and OS?

ph700
Star
Star

LG Aristo, Android Nougat (7.0). Restarting might have helped on the very first playback after restart, but it's buffering at 7 seconds again on all other playback.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ph700,

This sounds like it might be an issue specific to that device. Do you have access to a different Android device to see if you still experience the same behavior? Do other videos buffer or is this an issue only with the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

ph700
Star
Star

It used to work just fine on this device, and I can view live streams and replayed videos on YouTube, WatchESPN and other sources with no issues.

I can also view any of my Arlo Pro cameras live with no buffering issues at all; it's only when I'm trying to view the recorded videos that it gets stuck buffering at 7 seconds.

I will try another Android device this evening and post the results in a new reply.

mccamp31
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was there a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi mccamp31,

What exactly are you experiencing with your device?

mccamp31
Aspirant
Aspirant
During playback of a video it buffers at 7 seconds and doesn't continue to play the video. Same as what the user reported above and It happens on all videos. I'm on a note8, I have a gig internet, it doesn't happen on the PC, mac, etc. I've uninstall the android app and cleared cache but the problem still consist. Any insight on this?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mccamp31,

What version of android are you using? Does this happen on wifi or mobile data?

mccamp31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running 8.0 and it happens on both wifi/cellular data. 

ph700
Star
Star

I'm still having this problem as well - intermittently on the Android phone noted earlier, and consistently on my Android 7 tablet using wifi (I do not have a cellular data plan with the tablet). With the phone it happens with both wifi and cellular data. No problems viewing from a PC. The wifi is fast, and how the PC connects and runs fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ph700, mccamp31

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you.

Arlo Tech Support