Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rak
Guide
Guide
I've noticed that when I configure a camera to zoom in on an area, the sharpness of the image drops considerably.  The motion triggered video looses clarity and detail.  Is there any way to compensate and sharpen a zoomed image?  Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When you zoom in on the picture ( in camera settings ), it shows the area you will see in videos/jpgs.

But, it just expands the picture to the viewing screen size so there is an apperance of loss of rez.

The best thing to do for that camera is to set the video quality on ' best video ' over Optimized.... there is no other adjustment.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit: deleted.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a digital zoom, not optical. The difference is that digital zoom simply crops out the outside area, making what's left appear bigger. However, you've instantaneously lowered the resolution. Since there's no optical zoom possible, the best we could hope for is an update that would allow less compression of any video (ever noticed the compression artifacts with moving objects like leaves/branches/etc.?).

mommygomez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes are there any updates at all for this. Additionally if there is no lighting I find that I cannot see a thing and this is supposed to have night vsion capabilities.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are IR illuminators for night vision. Set your mode to All Motion On and walk in front of the cameras in the dark. You should see a dull red glow from the camera when motion is detected. You can verify recording by looking at the Cameras view and see a camera and running man in red.