Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ahubbard180
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  I have had a 2 camera system for about 4 weeks, today I noticed one camera showing 'it's time to change your batteries'  (this has happens about once a week and I replace with rechargeables).  On this occasion, replacing batteries does not solve the issue.  I even tried some brand new Panasonic non rechargeables with no luck. I try pressing the sync button on base station and then sync button on camera, blue LED flashes for approx 5 secs then the amber LED flashes rapidly for a further 5 secs. What is wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As for battery life, how many minutes of recording and/or live viewing are happening? 

When trying to resync the camera, first delete it in Settings, Camera Order (use the green X on the left). Then sync by BRIEFLY pressing the Sync button on the right side of the base station and then the Sync button on the camera. I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't delete first and then tried to sync.

Ahubbard180
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou for your reply.  I have done what you said and still same problem.  I removed this particular camera using the "camera order" setting and then tried re syncing it by having the camera next to the base station, briefly pressing the sync button on base station (an LED then starts flashing) and then pressing the sync button on camera.  As soon as I press the button on the camera it starts flashing blue (approx 7 flashes) then goes to rapid amber flashing.

Obviously now I have deleted this camera as mentioned above, I only have 1 camera showing in my live cameras section of the app rather than 2. Maybe I have a faulty camera that needs replacing with a new one?  I am positive the batteries are fine as I have swapped with the working camera and both battery sets show full in working camera. 

As for usage, my wife watches wildlife in the evenings so has them playing live for approx 90 min / evening, plus they record approx 20 x 10 sec clips per day. From what I gather reading through this community, the battery life I am experiencing (just under a week) is to be expected considering the usage. 

Please help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like what you have is a bad camera.  I just had this myself. Open a trouble ticket and probably get it replaced.