Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
cengle
Tutor
Tutor

Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet.  Well it is and this keeps happening.  i can reboot the station and a camera may come back, but not all.  UI have removed the cameras and re-synced them and they work for a few hours and then i am stuck with the same message.
Your Arlo device appears offline
Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet.

I noticed that i cannot find a way to chat with anyone from netgear customer support also. 

40 REPLIES 40
referee77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Too late, sorry.  I have already returned all 4 of my Arlo Pro cameras to Best Buy, and have purchased a different camera solution.

Allan111
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I am experiencing all of the same problems for about 3/4 months, before this it worked fine for 10 months. The cameras started going offline around the time I had low batteries and I changed my isp. I had a support call open and tried all the normal steps with no luck, Netgear sent me a new base station last week and I am still getting the same issues. Any other thoughts or should I just give up?
Namroc1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here
Berit
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried everything and the camera still won't work. Get this, the camera did manage to drain 4 new batteries while not being able to hook up to the base. I really need to know netgear has their act together in this as I'm about to buy the all new pro system for my inlaws for Christmas.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, we need to know exactly what you tried.  Did you reset the base by pressing the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?  Did you remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices and then used the Add Device button on the Devices tab to start fresh?  Did you contact support and open a case?

Allan111
Initiate
Initiate

I personally completed all of the actions you mentioned and more, i have even been sent a new hub by support. This is a constant issue that is being reported by many people and the constant reset, remove devices, open camera, close camera steps are frustrating as we shouldnt have to be doing this.

Yes a case has been opened and still no luck.

Could it be the ISP? If so what should i be asking them?

Berit
Tutor
Tutor
Honestly I don't remember everything I've done because it's really an exhausting process. It's the 21st century, we put a man on the moon almost 50 years ago and I have to hold a reset button until it flashes amber... Let's not even get to the batteries. Use this kind not that kind make sure where they were manufactured, take the wrapper off and look for the factory it came from. And I would just like to have some wireless mics to listen outside to the crickets and the coyotes that live in the city now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since the new base didn't fix the issue (you do have all 3 green LEDs, right?) I'd still be working with support to resolve the issue. One thing you could try, if feasible, would be to remove your network as a suspect and try it on someone else's network.

The batteries are simple - use good quality OEM-style CR123 batteries. And the Pro cameras have mics in them for listening to your wildlife's noises.
Berit
Tutor
Tutor
i wish I had the pro. I would send my old system in for a discount to upgrade if I could.
Wizzdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help me get my arlo back will not reset, keeps saying add a device and when I do what it says it will not accept it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you reset the base by using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?  Did you remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and THEN use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to bring the base back into the account?

INTOWILD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here but it happened right after the last firmware update. Do you have to bring the cameras to the base when running the firmware update or can it be done remotely from the iPhone app? I'm wondering if that's where I went wrong.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The updates can occur in place - no need to move anything.  Updates sometimes cause issues for various reasons, such as being incomplete due to battery level, network interupption, etc. so may cause the need to troubleshoot, resync, etc.

bc9405
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems no one really has an answer for what is going on here. you would think Netgear would stepup and offer a solution just bought mine yesterday, did sync this morning set cameras around basement 15 feet from base. One camera quits working sync it then another quits, it is always 1 out of 4  want work. IOS app want work just says wait a minute never lets you connect. With all these problems just out of box throwing this stuff in box and heading back to Best Buy for refund.

Berit
Tutor
Tutor
I finally got mine fixed. After reading so much about the batteries not having enough charge I bought some Surefire cr123s, set the camera next to the base and synced it again. This time it picked up and did a firmware download that took about 30 minutes. But it works.
GLP1953
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got 3 cameras to synch (I was forced to do the factory rest on the base unit to be able to synch more than 1 camera) and everything appeared to be coming on line. I got the message that the cameras needed a firmware undate and after that, the system never would come back online.