Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Family,

We recently released a web update and some users may experience issues with logging in. If you are experiencing the following error (below) you should try clearing your browser cache. When clearing your browser cache, ensure that for the Time Range option, "All Time" is selected.

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to log in again.

NOTE: To verify this will resolve the issue you can also try opening another tab in incognito mode or try a different browser.

If you do not want to clear your entire browsing history and you use Google Chrome as your preferred browser you can also simply delete the Arlo cookie individually by pasting the following link in the URL bar: 

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Click Remove All

DeleteArloCookie.PNG

Release notes to follow soon.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
170 REPLIES 170
elmme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log into the arlo website. I get the: 

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to log in again.

error and I tried the recommendations of clearing my browser history, the arlo cookies and restarting my chrome browser. Now I don't get the error, but I still can't log in. Instead the log in page just keeps popping up. What else can I do?

SRMA
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Message  3 24 2018.png

Does any one know if Arlo is going to Fix the Log in Problem.that has been going on for ever.

Merc20
Aspirant
Aspirant

When logging into ARLO from my all in 1 PC I am getting an error "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

I have cleared memory, deleted cookies....and am still getting this error. Any suggestions?

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

They can't fix anything without messing up something else.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser... usu clearing cookies fixes the issue.

Netgear is aware of the issue and is working on a fix

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Merc20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  I did try Firefox with no luck :(.

Thanks again for replying.

travismarty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot login, not happy with product. This is confusing to those who do not have computer experience. I just bought an arlo pro 2 and have only been able to use it for a few days. I am considering selling everything (5 cams) and finding a reliable product. Fix this immediatly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When using IE 11, click the gear icon in the top right hand corner of your screen, go to Safety > Delete Browsing History.

This will bring up the following window, be sure to check off the boxes pictured below and then click Delete. Close and reopen your browser window and attempt to log in to Arlo.

Be sure to uncheck the "Preserve Favorites Website Data" box if it is already checked.

History.PNG

hakmusic
Aspirant
Aspirant

was working till a couple of days ago. I am now getting the message:  "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

I have deleted my cookies and checked that Arlo is approved in the flash settings.  Any thoughts? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI that your thread title and actual problem don't really match.

Use this message for how to clear the Arlo cookies:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/You-may-be-logged-into-NETGEAR-Arlo-in-a-different-browser-tab...

Did that help?

butchgmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the other threads about this before posting?

Clear the Arlo cookies from your browser.

KaseyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

WARNING - This suggestion deletes pretty much EVERYTHING you ever managed to personalize on your IE 11 browser.

I lost all of my saved cookies, my personalized logins and my home page settings. Struggling now to reestablish, but it is not easy.

Delete as instructed above at your own risk.  

lshel001
Aspirant
Aspirant

This fixed it for me - chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com and delete all

Tried the other things and problem persisted until I did the above.

Thanks Christine.

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

I keep getting this. Does Netgear wants us to keep clearing Arlo cookies every few days?! This is so annoying, netgear should fire all the incompentent people working there and get new ones. Change the website feed to HTLM5 instead of flash while you're at it....

janberg
Guide
Guide

I have computers with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Even with removing cookies it doesn't work. What worked great before the update, is now a total mess. This reminds me of Windows 10 and the automatic updates. As soon as the computer is updated, nothing really works any more. Windows 10 is as much as a disaster as Arlo Netgear.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

janberg,

Which browser are you using?

JamesC

janberg
Guide
Guide

Edge and IE11 -- and I removed a few times temporary Internetsites and cookies.

It worked great when we bought it -- until you "updated." Remove your update and everything is just fine!

janberg
Guide
Guide

By the way: Now it's not showing any longer "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab" -- now it just gets back to log-in page -- over and over again.                                                                                               

KaseyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo Support Team,

I respectfully submit the following suggestions:

• Be transparent about the problem.. i.e., what is the problem, what operating systems / browsers are impacted, what exactly you are doing to fix the problem
  • Post an omnibus recommended work-around. Again what systems/what browsers.  And be forthcoming about the downsides of, for example, deleting all cookies. And, btw,  it is ridiculous that we need to delete ALL cookies on our computers, just to make Arlo work correctly.
  • Keep the work-around post up-to-date. It is unreasonable to expect your customers to wade through hundreds of posts just to find a posible solution, that might not even work.
  • Stop asking questions, like “what browser are you using?” That is like asking your entire customer base to be Beta-testers.  That is not good use of our time or yours.
  • Fix the problem. Escalate to the highest level to get this done quickly, since we are talking about home and personal security, which is the core purpose of owning an Arlo system. This single thread has been going on for over 3 weeks, and it appears Netgear is still in the data-gathering stage? Really?
NWIllinoisian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well said.  Let's go Arlo.  Can't be that hard.  

janberg
Guide
Guide
Well, I don't get the message an more that I am logged in with a different device.. Now the log-in page comes back up after a few seconds.. Since more than two weeks my cameras are useless since I can't log in. And it worked so nicely on all our computers when I initially installed it.. Any chance to get a refund for the whole system? I worked hours trying to get it working again. Removed all old cookies and templates. NOTHING WORKED! DISGUSTING! Jan
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working fine, as advertised, here. We need every detail you can think of to get you going. What devices, what OSes, what browsers on each device, what networks (home vs. work), exactly what you've tried, etc. Are your OSes and browsers completely up to date? It would seem to be something local to you (computer, OS, browser) that's causing the problem.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is an Arlo issue.  In my case, Chrome works but IE throws the error everyone is complaining about. I am runing windows 10 and aside from Windows Updates I haven't changed anything on my PC (other than AV defs etc).  Prior to recent Arlo updates, both IE and Chrome was working.  BTW, Geofencing no longer works either. Way to go.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why is it that if Chrome works but IE doesn't, it's an Arlo issue? That sounds like you haven't done what was suggested to fix IE - we don't know because we didn't do it. Of course, it begs the question as to why you're using an insecure browser (IE) in the first place.

GF is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.