Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yet another time adjust clarification

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloKevinR
Tutor
Tutor

So after playing with the system, and reading
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length/ta-...

I just want to make sure that I read it correctly

There is NO way to adjust time setting on "Schedule" mode, only Armed? If so that is pretty stupid. 10 seconds doesnt usually capture much, and its another 10-30 seconds before the camera reams itself.

Is this JUST Arlo, or is Arlo Pro the same? 
What about the Arlo Qs?

Other than the power cord, does Arlo Q (and Q plus) broadcast wirelessly? Can the be hardwired or do I need to run an outlet to where I want them? How long is the power cord?

TYIA

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is NO way to adjust time setting on "Schedule" mode, only Armed? If so that is pretty stupid. 10 seconds doesnt usually capture much, and its another 10-30 seconds before the camera reams itself.

Schedule isnt really a MODE tho it appears in that section...what schedule does is turn on or off a MODE based on time...

So you are correct, you can't ajust the record time in schedule...you do it in the actual MODE that you use in schedule

Is this JUST Arlo, or is Arlo Pro the same? 
What about the Arlo Qs?

Arlo, Arlo Pro, And Q all work the same way as mentioned above

Other than the power cord, does Arlo Q (and Q plus) broadcast wirelessly? Can the be hardwired or do I need to run an outlet to where I want them? How long is the power cord?
The Q cameras use your HOME WIFI to connect so they are wireless in theat respect... while the Arlo/Arlo Pro must connect to a base unit.

The Q uses ac power via a USB adapter to a micro usb plug ...so yes you need an ac outlet within the 7-8ft of the cord lenght

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ArloKevinR
Tutor
Tutor

The issue I'm having is that I have gone in to "armed" and changed setting to 60 sec, yet the camera still only records 10 seconds at a time in schedule mode

Shouldn't it be recording 60?

arlo1.pngarlo1.png

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many fail to SAVE... after you changed the slider, you must use the BACK on the top left of page and on the bottom of previous page is SAVE

PS make sure the schedule is turned OFF when you do it too

( pics don't show till approved for others )

Morse is faster than texting!